Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooooot!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sign of the crowd getting into the game, clearly this bloke would prefer us to all sit there in silence :yawn:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What makes you think I'm talking about Rohan Ince? As I said, I've never seen someone provide a decent strike let alone concede a goal on demand of a shot, I'm probably wrong, just stating my observation.

I was joking fella. As others have said, you do it for the same reason you shout at the TV. And I'm pretty sure in Kaz's case it's led to a goal a far few times anyhow.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Sign of the crowd getting into the game, clearly this bloke would prefer us to all sit there in silence :yawn:

Not at all cochise, I encourage getting into the game. Why is everyone getting butthurt assuming I think we should all be quiet? I wouldn't be in the north stand if I didn't like a cheer and a sing.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Shouting 'Shoooot!' puts off the players? I've heard it all now :facepalm: It's more an ironic shout a lot of the time anyway.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Last night my son - with comedic timing beyond his years (he is only 10) - shouted shoot at the top of his voice when Upson received the ball well inside our own half. Got a good laugh from those around us - he felt like a comedy god! Very proud moment for me!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It annoys me too actually, as does fans from all clubs shouting "WAYYY!" when an opposition player fires over. Been going on too long now.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone else find it unnecessary to shout shoot? Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot, I don't think I've seen an Albion player score after the crowd demands a shot is made?

Matt Sparrow v Southampton

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Leeds fans shouting 'Miss!' or words to that effect produced the goods at their previous match - Yeovil missed the penalty:

5784747-large.jpg

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I find myself shouting a lot at football including instructions to players! I dont expect them to hear me and doubt they ever do, I'm just caught up in the passion of wanting my team to do well so I shout out what I'm thinking

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think you get my point pal, what I'm saying is it seems to unsettle the player and leads to a fumbled shot.

Maybe I don't chum, what you are saying does not make sense to me, does shouting "ol'e" put unnecessary pressure on the players to complete a pass and cause them to give it away?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Maybe I don't chum, what you are saying does not make sense to me, does shouting "ol'e" put unnecessary pressure on the players to complete a pass and cause them to give it away?

Nope, that's a poor comparison.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone else find it unnecessary to shout shoot? Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot, I don't think I've seen an Albion player score after the crowd demands a shot is made?

Do you know what, I reckon I've seen, on more than one occasion, over the years when an impatient crowd shouts "SHOOT" that a player does indeed shoot, normally with Lee Steelesque Row Z consequences, but yes, they do shoot. Not sure I can recall a goal coming from such a shout, but deffo a few wayward snap-shots in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here