Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Amoebi

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Anybody saying they'd rather have Leon is either nuts, a joker or lying.

I don't think Shola is right for Brighton, I think he should have left Newcastle long before he did and played first team football. If he did I think he'd be a far better player than he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So from trying to sign South Americans for 7 million we are now looking at a player in his mid thirties who was not that good at his peak? If this happens, and he's our January striker signing, I'll be very suspicious that the alleged chasing of the two South Americans was just a ruse to get 1901 renewals over the line. I wish I had the confidence of some on here that we are going to sign someone much better than Amoebi by the end of the window, love you to be right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So from trying to sign South Americans for 7 million we are now looking at a player in his mid thirties who was not that good at his peak? If this happens, and he's our January striker signing, I'll be very suspicious that the alleged chasing of the two South Americans was just a ruse to get 1901 renewals over the line. I wish I had the confidence of some on here that we are going to sign someone much better than Amoebi by the end of the window, love you to be right.

I really don't think Brighton are 'looking at' Ameobi, or need our advice. See my original post. I certainly don't think any 34 year old is he sort of person we would consider as our 'Charlie Austin'. However, as others have explained (I wasn't sure myself), he has qualities (big target man) that could get us some goals in some games, changing the approach as needs must, etc. And he is out of contract, and yet is still scoring. So he's worth considering, perhaps . . .

Unlike Best (serial cockwomble) and Heskey (age 38), FFS!!!! What a rediculous way of dismissing Ameobi.

That said, having done a bit more research, Charlton and Wolves trialled him and decided 'no' so perhaps whatever he had has now seeped out of him . . . . with that in mind, I guess is its a no from me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ameobi is NOT the right man for us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Shola ameobi has offered to play for Bolton for free to help them out as they cant afford to pay him now his short term deal.is over. Sadly they cant accept his gesture due to their embargo.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We really don't need a 34 1/2 year old striker as the the younger backup to Zamora do we ? ??? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here