Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocking fouls that didn't even get a yellow

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Very good shout, though you could be pedantic and argue it wasn't technically a foul as I think the ref gave a goal kick.

In the one I posted, the ref did award a free kick, so he can't have been unsighted. He just didn't seem to think a charging, studs up, knee-high challenge was worth pulling out a card for.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No YouTube footage, but I think it remiss not to nominate the foul that broke Charlie Oatway's ankle and effectively ended his professional career. We didn't even get a free kick for that one!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Same with Kazenga of course

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Harald Schumacher on Battiston is a shocker, and the first one that came to mind.

Also involving a keeper, this is the worst one I remember from the past few years:

[yt]WPdaRFDCm8Q [/yt]

Have no idea how Hunt didn't get punished at all for that at the time. Tosser.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did Norman Whiteside get booked for ruining Chris Ramsey's career in the FA Cup final?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Harald Schumacher on Battiston is a shocker, and the first one that came to mind.

Also involving a keeper, this is the worst one I remember from the past few years:

[yt]WPdaRFDCm8Q [/yt]

I thought it was just one of those accidental collisions at the time and I've seen nothing in that which makes me think any different now. It's unfortunate, but just one of those things :shrug:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I thought it was just one of those accidental collisions at the time and I've seen nothing in that which makes me think any different now. It's unfortunate, but just one of those things :shrug:

I recall this being one of those that people were split over at the time.

Personally, I still think he had plenty of time to pull up or get out of the way - Hunt was never going to get that ball in a million years.

Also, it's just the way he slightly drops his right knee down at Cech as he's going to ground - for me, the contact was intentional.

I recall this being one of those that people were split over at the time.

Personally, I still think he had plenty of time to pull up or get out of the way - Hunt was never going to get that ball in a million years.

Also, it's just the way he slightly drops his right knee down at Cech as he's going to ground - for me, the contact was intentional.

For me it's a foul, and there is a bit of intent there, but I think it's fair to say that he didn't mean to seriously injure Cech. I'm not sure it's any worse than what the Bournemouth forward did to Ankergren in the game at Withdean.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

[yt]WPdaRFDCm8Q [/yt]

I have a bit of bias here (especially with the fallout from it effectively getting Hunt sent off for Ireland in Prague a year later), but I honestly can't see anything nasty or even beyond an accident with that incident. To me, its a classic example of a top club manipulating the media, which has trickled down to ordinary fans.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Hunt made no attempt to either get the ball or hop over Cech.

Possibly, but I don't think he either made any attempt to actually deliberately come into contact with Cech. Happens all the time - and in my opinion a big deal was made of it due to the horrendous consequences for Cech rather than because it was anything cynical.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A big deal should be made out of that sort of thing regardless of whether the keeper is injured or not.

There was plenty of time to skip over the goalkeeper - you see that sort of thing all the time. One could argue that it was cynical as he made no effort to avoid any sort of or risk of contact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here