Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocked to see so many Arsenal fans getting on at Worthing, Hove etc

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Christ who would willingly move to that shithole?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The area around the Emirates was horrible. I stayed Sat night a few minutes from the ground and didn’t want to leave the apartment (which was also horrible).

I thought North London was supposed to be trendy but it felt more like Toxteth.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The area around the Emirates was horrible. I stayed Sat night a few minutes from the ground and didn’t want to leave the apartment (which was also horrible).

Hey, I like Toxteth!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A lot got on at Haywards Heath however a lady who was going with her Arsenal family said to me she was a Brighton Fan she needs to work on her kids who were wearing Arsenal shirts.:wrong:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not sure if this helps but i watched the game in a pub in Essex and was fully expecting it to be full of gooners , to my suprise it was roughly a 50-50 split , probably due to west hams dislike of anything goonerish but i was quite suprised by the amount of people openly supporting Brighton rather than bandwaggoning Arsenal , one thing that was unanimous was how dire Arsenals home support was and the praise heaped on Dunk by those watching .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst I do not understand it I have more respect for the local Arsenal fans who actually do go to games than I do the armchair fans who waltz around with tattoos of their premier league club when they have never even been in the ground of the team they proclaim to support. These will also be the ones who give you most grief in the office if Brighton lose to their team

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I'm quite surprised to hear you say that. I like Highbury and Islington. Lots of
decent pubs and places to eat but it's not cheap. As to the subject of the thread no one should be surprised by London fans living in the surrounding counties. Plenty of families have moved out in recent years. Up here in Suffolk I know West Ham and Arsenal fans who are not the armchair variety and come from several generations support but whose families no longer wish to live in London. The difference in house prices makes leaving a no brainer. They are about as likely to start supporting Ipswich as I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here