Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocked !!! New Training Facility

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Are you talking about the perfectly legal, six foot high wooden fence that most of us have in our back gardens, that appears to mark the boundary around most of the site?

attachment.php

They must be 10ft -12ft fence down the side and if you look at the bottom which run along the train line then they look 6ft panels.

They aren't panels running down the side? They look like post and cross wooden beams with nailed on timber slates.

I popped over to visit my parents in Lancing at the weekend and my Dad said drive around Barfield park on my way home and look at what has been put up to surround the new Albion training complex.
They have fitted a huge fence around the site that towers above the bungalows! Now as a local resident I was in favour of this proposal but am now feeling a little guilty for supporting it due to the impact on these poor residents, they have gone from backing on to open fields to beeing over shadowed by this huge fence!
Me, my dad and my son are all season ticket holders and die hard Albion fans. But I am just putting it out there, that I feel a bit guilty! Also we see BHA snappy's pics of how the building progress is going inside (which looks great) but not what the impact is on the residents surrounding it!

Can't decide if its out of order or not,difficult to make a decision on this one???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have a load of houses being built a stones throw from my house, every night the thick builders from Barratts put the metal fences up and attach their sheets the them and every night when there is a little bit of wind they get blown down. If the twats that do it had an ounce of common sense they would put the metal fences up but not put the sheet up, that way the wind would blow through the fences and they would not get blown down.

Each morning I have to negotiate my way along the road in my car avoiding the blown over fences.

Hopefully we have competant building at the training centre

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The Glasgow Rangers training ground comlex at Murray park in Milngavie on the outskirts of Glasgow was likewise ring fenced as they put it up. Stops you having to order 4000 tonnes of cement when only 2000 tonnes were actually needed. If you Google the facility now, it is truly superb and very much a landmark to admire. I am sure our training facility will be likewise a wonder to behold. Advantage will be that we will produce youngsters for the Albion first team whereas Murray Park just produces players for other clubs to use as and when they are inevitably released by Rangers. Their Youth development success rate is sadly pretty poor.

TNBA

TTF

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why wouldn't there be a big fence? If there wasn't, people would be complaining about balls in their gardens.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We have a load of houses being built a stones throw from my house, every night the thick builders from Barratts put the metal fences up and attach their sheets the them and every night when there is a little bit of wind they get blown down. If the twats that do it had an ounce of common sense they would put the metal fences up but not put the sheet up, that way the wind would blow through the fences and they would not get blown down.

Oh you live near the Ambers Rise project then, we are doing the flooring on that site. Barratt Homes are not going to pay for metal fences mate, its hard work getting paid for the work you do. Anyway metal fences would soon get nicked.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Aren't they acoustic fencing too? So not only do they have protection from the temporary eyesore of construction work, they have less noise pollution.

And they have been specially manufactured with an ultrasonic resonance in order to attract bats.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
When my house was built in 1920 there were fields as far as the eye can see, unfortunately some cockmuncher built a load of housing estates on them before I moved in.

If you were lucky enough to live in a house with a nice rural view and it then gets sold for development, that's life I'm afraid. Count themselves lucky it wasn't a retail prk or industrial estate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here