Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Shitty v Arsmell....

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
What I felt was similar to watching a 5a side in the cages....nothing much. At this level the buzz is about being part of something that rose out of Archer's 30 pieces of silver, via Priestfield and the running track 7k.
The radio it is, then.
Oh, ...and thanks for some welcome grown-up perspective

Do one you patronising Palace ponce.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You might be on to something with the radio. You're bang on too with the crowd thing, The sound we make is organic, emotional, responding to effort and skill,... sometimes trying to lift the mood of our team when its under the cosh...even the bit where the other team scores and you can see it coming .. .the teams we hate coming down, the bigger teams who are off-form and we look forward to getting a result on the day. Even sitting next to mongs that couldn't recognise a game-plan if you tattooed it on their heads and handed them a shaving mirror.......so I'm used to listening to bollocks, even if its surprising listening to the year ten massive, playing the Billy Big-spuds mob, on their keyboards.

What I felt was similar to watching a 5a side in the cages....nothing much. At this level the buzz is about being part of something that rose out of Archer's 30 pieces of silver, via Priestfield and the running track 7k.
The radio it is, then.
Oh, ...and thanks for some welcome grown-up perspective

I'd be interested to hear what you think with the crowd noises on (I am assuming you had them off, apologies if I misunderstand).

I was tempted to flick to the silent channel yesterday to check, but didn't want to ruin the atmos - in the living room :mad: :laugh:

:cheers:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I'd be interested to hear what you think with the crowd noises on (I am assuming you had them off, apologies if I misunderstand).

I was tempted to flick to the silent channel yesterday to check, but didn't want to ruin the atmos - in the living room :mad: :laugh:

:cheers:

I did have them on, but as I said, it all left me cold, and I turned off fairly quickly.
I just didn't 'get' it. I find myself less interested in 'other' teams the older I get too, the less time I have 'in the bank'.
Did you ever see the Ali v Tyson' fight?....if you did you'll know the canned crowd noise is nothing new.....it got on my pecs even then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did have them on, but as I said, it all left me cold, and I turned off fairly quickly.
I just didn't 'get' it. I find myself less interested in 'other' teams the older I get too, the less time I have 'in the bank'.
Did you ever see the Ali v Tyson' fight?....if you did you'll know the canned crowd noise is nothing new.....it got on my pecs even then.

Ah well. Watching footy on telly is a social thing for me - I nearly always go round my neighbour's house, and yesterday we were able to watch a game for the first time in ages, so I may have had on my rose tinted specs. Plus I rather like synthetic artifice (you've seen some of my musical selections :lolol:).

Still, as I may have mentioned, I gave the Villa game a swerve even though we all had a dog in that fight, like you figuring there are better things to do with what's left of my life.

I just looked up Ali vs Tyson and couldn't find the virtual fight, but I would have though the CGI would be off-putting enough.

So, yes, it is different but so far at least not different enough to have me reach for my revolver.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Ah well. Watching footy on telly is a social thing for me - I nearly always go round my neighbour's house, and yesterday we were able to watch a game for the first time in ages, so I may have had on my rose tinted specs. Plus I rather like synthetic artifice (you've seen some of my musical selections :lolol:).

Still, as I may have mentioned, I gave the Villa game a swerve even though we all had a dog in that fight, like you figuring there are better things to do with what's left of my life.

I just looked up Ali vs Tyson and couldn't find the virtual fight, but I would have though the CGI would be off-putting enough.

So, yes, it is different but so far at least not different enough to have me reach for my revolver.

Paradoxically the fight WAS the cgi, and it was groundbreaking enough, for it to still be acceptable.....don't forget, everyone appreciated it wasn't 'teal'.
I mean, when Tyson was just out of his teens, he was beating everybody so any boxing fan there was, was wondering if this guy could have taken the Greatest...I think possibly - I wouldn't have bet the house against Smokin' Joe, though.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019

Paradoxically the fight WAS the cgi, and it was groundbreaking enough for it to still be acceptable in itself.....don't forget, everyone appreciated it wasn't 'real'.
I mean, when Tyson was just out of his teens, he was beating everybody so any boxing fan there was, was wondering if this guy could have taken the Greatest...I think possibly - I wouldn't have bet the house against Smokin' Joe, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here