Shirt manufacturer and sponsorship

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Either Adidas or Nike for me. Errea feel cheap, their leisure wear range is piss poor and their collars are crap + new, innovative design required across the range

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've had a couple of the Liverpool Warrior shirts, that fabric is a bit strange, it feels like a very slightly fluffy cotton, a little bit like the current England Umbro shirts or even the Albion home shirt in 83/84. Not really sure how it would stand up to repeated wear with regards pulls and bobbles, or beer/ketchup/tear stains. That said, it is definately different to most of the shirt fabrics out there, and it seems as well made as any. I've read a few mixed reports as to its popularity with LFC fans, a lot aimed at the fact they are a Lacrosse kit manufacturer and as such don't know anything the football shirt market, so perhaps they do have a bit of work to do for the next one.

Personally, I'd like to see either an improved Errea shirt fabric, or a move to someone like Jako or Joma for some individuality, and a good quality product. Adidas/Nike/Umbro are OK if you are going for thier bespoke kits (Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca etc), they are not perfect, but they are better than our current supplier. Their template kits are a mixed bag, often right at the lower level, but sometimes comparable fabric to the top teams (Techfit for Adidas players shirts), but they really are all just dull to look at. As for Puma, you think we've had a lot of complaints about Errea, I am 90% certain there would be a lot more complaints about Puma, their current stuff is shockingly bad.

There are a lot of other manufacturers out there, and some do really good quality stuff, but the label is what will work for us in the commercial world (Barber out), maybe we should be biting the bullet and doing a full bespoke kit with one of the big 3.

A fair few kids at my sons club have had the new Liverpool kits since they came out and have stood upto training far better than my boys Albion kits this season, of even prefer the material in our first errea shirts to the current one.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Jako would be a massive step down in quality and I suspect availability too. Do we want to go back to no replica kits till October? Seems to happen to all the Jako using clubs I know of.

Was going to suggest the older supplier my club over here used until I checked and found they were ridiculously tiny. Very high quality stuff for the company that seems to be based in a trading estate in a provincial town!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Either Adidas or Nike for me.

Trouble with that is that unless we bite the bullet and pay up for a bespoke kit, we end up with the same template kit as dozens of other teams, from lower league sides to pub teams, and no real improvement in quality over Errea. On the upside for the label hunters we get better quality leisure gear, at a price. Also with Adidas and Nike (and Umbro), you are pretty much guaranteed to have heat pressed sponsors logos these days, whether we have a bespoke kit or a template kit, and that seems to put a lot of people off. At least by going away from the big three we are likely to have a properly bespoke kit, and withouth heat pressed sponsors logos.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Amex will be a long term sponsor and I reckon we will secure a better deal with Errea than they could do with any of the larger companies- we ain't big enough yet.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Errea to make the kit, dont want some identical shit strip that 20 other teams wear.

Sponsor - a big company, prefrably Sussex based but NOT Amex - their name is all over the club enough as it is. Barber was great at getting sponsorship at Vancouver and also over saw Tottenhams biggest ever sponsor contract of £34 Million - Barber may suddenly come good here.

ross02

Sep 21, 2008
horsham
errea contract has still got 6years left to run....

im all in favour of errea going an getting someone else to make them, iv never ever been a 5xl in football shirts 2xl at most so be nice to have a shirt tht actually is a 3xl english size not italian slim line...

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Think barber would want more money then what Heineken would be willing to give,,

I reckon American Express will be on shirts next season!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sponsors = Pokerstars

Actually that's a bloody good shout ... they've got money coming out of their ears, the precedent (poker sites) is well established with a number of clubs and of course TB. Only thing is I'm not sure TB is a big Stars fan, just a hunch that one

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Amex are the shirt sponsor next season. Paying double what B&H jobs currently do. I've heard this from a good source.

I'd be surprised, not by Amex but only double the price. I can't imagine B&H Jobs paid anything too much at all and our stock has increased in value significantly. Barber will be touting the Premiership opportunity big time now

Could be wrong, doubt we'll ever know the numbers

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Actually that's a bloody good shout ... they've got money coming out of their ears, the precedent (poker sites) is well established with a number of clubs and of course TB. Only thing is I'm not sure TB is a big Stars fan, just a hunch that one

The owners are residents here on the Isle of Man and have a considerable workforce on the Island.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports