Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sherwood now odds on favourite

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There is usually a maximum bet of £ 50.

But if they knew it was going to be Sherwood (as implied by the OP) then surely it wouldn't matter what the maximum stake was as it would still mean paying out more money than they got in for that bet (unless they think they could get more in from losing bets placed after they became aware of who the next manager is going to be)

Basically, the bookmakers don't know and the OP is reading too much into it. (ie insider knowledge)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is usually a maximum bet of £ 50.

Nah.

I know an NSCer who had £300 on Garcia, although at short odds. Obviously as the price shortens, bigger bets are possible as the bookies have reduced exposure.

But even in the current market I know some who have had placed 3 figure bets at odds against.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nah.

I know an NSCer who had £300 on Garcia, although at short odds. Obviously as the price shortens, bigger bets are possible as the bookies have reduced exposure.

But even in the current market I know some who have had placed 3 figure bets at odds against.

This is correct, there's a maximum amount you can win rather than a max stake.

That amount can vary depending on:
- the bookmaker
- the volume of the market
- the individual placing the bet

The most I was allowed to win with BetVictor was a 2er i.e £10 at 20/1.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We can surely do better than this.

We can indeed. All these threads about odds of managers merely indicate that a few people have loaded some wonga on a name. They all did it on Saturday night after Real won the CL, as positive feelings to Clement got translated into bets.
If you're referring to doing better than Sherwood: there I was thinking he's just guided a team to sixth in the PL. I'd suggest that we surely can't do better than that.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Clement allegedly says he's staying at Real and still he's 4/1.

Shows this is all guess work to attract money into their coffers, unsurprisingly.

Sherwood will be at 6/1 tomorrow and anyone who took 4/6 will feel a bit daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here