Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shenanigans at the Leicester game last season

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Give her a break. Yes, she might be a little old fashioned in her approach, but it'd be a dull world if everyone was the same. She has never claimed to represent Albion fans as a whole, she just happens to be the easy option for media types to approach for a quick opinion as she's part of the Supporters Club. It that any different than them going to, say, Mendoza, for his views? Is he any more representative?

This is a woman who's spent years of her life devoted to the Albion, who goes to pretty much every game, home and away. You might not agree with her opinion on every subject, and nor may you want to join the Fun Bus to games, but that doesn't mean she deserves to be ripped to shreds. All football clubs have and need supporters like Liz Costa.

Nutshell

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I think, if I'm honest, anybody who gives Costa a slagging is probably one of our "newer" fans.

Can I suggest to anyone who is a "newer" fan that they read Build A Bonfire, digest it and then come back on here and have the same opinion of her.

She certainly does not represent me or my views, she is not in any way the same type of supporter as I am but she has earned the right to have her say. If i was asked I'd just shrug my shoulders and say "don't care" she on the other hand does care.

I've been an Albion fan for 20 years, I still don't like her! Find her rather embarrassing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think there are some people who just don't seem to get Crodo's sense of humour - his adjectives are deliberately exaggerated and sometimes nonsensical. His use of the word "sickening" is quality. And clearly, Leicester's away support did not have the rest of the stadium "in stitches". I think we might have remembered that.

Crodo, did you ever spunk £15 on a tour of their "magnificent" stadium a year ago?

I'm not convinced he lives in Lyme Regis! He's also renovated his house enough times to put Grand Designs to shame.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I think, if I'm honest, anybody who gives Costa a slagging is probably one of our "newer" fans.

Can I suggest to anyone who is a "newer" fan that they read Build A Bonfire, digest it and then come back on here and have the same opinion of her.

She certainly does not represent me or my views, she is not in any way the same type of supporter as I am but she has earned the right to have her say. If i was asked I'd just shrug my shoulders and say "don't care" she on the other hand does care.

Here lies the problem.

The majority of fans don't care about so-called homophobic abuse. But the only voice heard (and the only voice the media want to hear) is that of people who want to complain .

This sheds our fans in an untrue light. THAT is what I have an issue with.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I've never considered Liz to represent my views directly but the things she's done for this club are worthy of praise not derision. Without people like her around in the 1990's you wouldn't have a club to be talked about on the radio at all.
Back in 1991 she was very helpful to me in setting up the A21 Club too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here lies the problem.

The majority of fans don't care about so-called homophobic abuse. But the only voice heard (and the only voice the media want to hear) is that of people who want to complain .

This sheds our fans in an untrue light. THAT is what I have an issue with.

Read the first post again. She was saying well done to Leicester and their fans.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I was listening to the excellent Phil Williams on 5 Live last night and they had a feature on when the first British footballer may 'come out'. As part of the feature our very own Liz Costa was on voicing our fans collective disgust at the sickening homophobic abuse directed at us every week.

She highlighted the Leicester game at the Amex last season as how supporters can have banter without it becoming homophobic, she said the Leicester fans had been warned of their behaviour before the game and as a result they indulged in other banter towards our fans, she said it was comedy gold and literally had the rest of the stadium in stitches.

So what banter/songs were the Leicester fans singing to us that was so funny it had the rest of the stadium in hysterics??

???

Read the first post again. She was saying well done to Leicester and their fans.

:thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Give her a break. Yes, she might be a little old fashioned in her approach, but it'd be a dull world if everyone was the same. She has never claimed to represent Albion fans as a whole, she just happens to be the easy option for media types to approach for a quick opinion as she's part of the Supporters Club. It that any different than them going to, say, Mendoza, for his views? Is he any more representative?

This is a woman who's spent years of her life devoted to the Albion, who goes to pretty much every game, home and away. You might not agree with her opinion on every subject, and nor may you want to join the Fun Bus to games, but that doesn't mean she deserves to be ripped to shreds. All football clubs have and need supporters like Liz Costa.

Brothers and Sisters, can I hear you say Hallelujah?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

100% agree with this. liz is a very nice person .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Agreed.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

And don't even get me started on Mendoza!!! Good grief!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not convinced he lives in Lyme Regis! He's also renovated his house enough times to put Grand Designs to shame.
You think?

Crodo is the finest spoof account on NSC. Lyme Regis, the gushing praise for the royal family, the house renovations, the absurd high regard in which he holds the sanitised and the banal - his posts are superb and hilariously consistent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here