Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Shelvey is the best player EVER to play in the Championship"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hollow head was wittering on Sky that Murray was the best signing in the division this season.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hollow head was wittering on Sky that Murray was the best signing in the division this season.

He probably is.

Find it weird to have an apparent dig at him. It's clear from all the times he's spoken/written about us that he REALLY likes the club and the current team and management.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mark Lawrenson

Clough Teams

John Robertson
Viv Anderson
Tony Woodcock
Roy McFarland
Dave Mackay - FFS!!!
John McGovern

That's just out of the two Clough teams promoted out of the old Div2 plus the best player ever to play for us (shame he's a ****)

Time didn't start when Sky took over football you carrot crunching ****!!!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I suppose Holloway is referring to the players WHEN they were in the Championship rather than based on what they became (lallana and Bale) or what they were previously.

Shelvey is 24. Proven in the prem (in my opinion).

Others have been in this division when young, or towards the end of their career.

Not often do you see a proven player in his prime in this league.

Yeah, he probably is. Lallana (imo) was better in 2012 than Shelvey is.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He probably is.

Find it weird to have an apparent dig at him. It's clear from all the times he's spoken/written about us that he REALLY likes the club and the current team and management.

Whilst I disagree with his Shelvey assertion, you are right. Holloway is one the Sky pundits that is more likely to give us some credit. I don't mind him at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always hard to compare keepers with outfield players, but if transfer value is a guide, Kasper Schmeicel would top Shelvey.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Thought Holloway was slowly getting better as a pundit, but to say Shelvey is the best player ever to play in the Championship is quite a large statement and not sure it is true.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'd definitely have Dunk in there, not sure I'd have Bruno as would be surprised if there hasn't been one better RB in the league so far this year. He's amazing obviously but hasn't been quite at his best.

Bruno 'not quite at his best' is still ahead of anyone else.

Besides, I do feel he is playing as well as he did last season. The odd dropped-ricket from this season was there last season. We comment on them because they are so relatively rare.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shelvey is talented, but the best ever doesn't seem right. I'd like to see his research on the subject, although I suspect it involves the back of a fag packet.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Adel Taarabt in the 2010/2011 season was un-playable, he got QPR promoted pretty much on his own. Pity he binned that ability.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Aaron Mooy and Elias Kachunga are very lucky to be included, Mooy has actually been on the bench a few times lately. Huddersfield are not going to finish in the top 6. I think they'll do well to be in the top 10 come the end of the season.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
In some ways its nice that we don't have a central midfielder in there. Rather than two stand-out performers as per last year we now seem to have four inter-changeable ones, any two of which are capable of controlling the park against pretty much any other team in the division.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tried to compile my own list a few weeks ago:

???
Bruno Lascelles Dunk ???
Knockaert Hayden Shelvey ???
Hogan ???

It is not easy not having seen all the games.

Players already departed like Marshal (Cardiff) and Burke (Forest) would have filled two of the gaps.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He probably is.

Have you forgotten poogate?
He was the Palace manager who accused our club of disrespect, and, although I don't know if it was him personally, he never admitted that it was the bus driver when it was leaked to the press.
Never forget

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Didn't Leicester buy Ballon D'Or nominee Rihad Mahrez in January of the season they went up? I'd say he's a shade better than the Geordie's boiled egg. 🙄

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Have you forgotten poogate?
He was the Palace manager who accused our club of disrespect, and, although I don't know if it was him personally, he never admitted that it was the bus driver when it was leaked to the press.
Never forget

‘You have to act with dignity. I believe that Brighton have. I trust Brighton will deal with it in the right way. I didn’t talk about it because I didn’t need to. If they’ve come out with it, that’s their choice. I thank them for the gift of a bottle of wine I was given by their owners because I did tell them about it.

‘I felt they needed to know that something has to be sharpened up in their ground.

‘Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn’t have and they’ve responded to it very well,’ he added.

Oh yeah, you're right.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
‘You have to act with dignity. I believe that Brighton have. I trust Brighton will deal with it in the right way. I didn’t talk about it because I didn’t need to. If they’ve come out with it, that’s their choice. I thank them for the gift of a bottle of wine I was given by their owners because I did tell them about it.

‘I felt they needed to know that something has to be sharpened up in their ground.

‘Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn’t have and they’ve responded to it very well,’ he added.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn't have,
Yeah, your bus driver, and by all accounts Hollow head knew who it was, he has never apologised to us at all.
Supporters of other clubs don't know the full story, some even think the poo wa used to write a message to Palace.
He has never put his hands up and admitted it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn't have,
Yeah, your bus driver, and by all accounts Hollow head knew who it was, he has never apologised to us at all.
Supporters of other clubs don't know the full story, some even think the poo wa used to write a message to Palace.
He has never put his hands up and admitted it.

I mean....who CARES.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here