Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Weds (lol)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you think so? They are the team that worry me most.

I agree, their form is awesome at the moment. The only saving grace is that their team is full of recent signings. That means that the current team possibly havn't had many injuries, so we don't know how they will cope if they get a few injuries between now and the end of the season.

When you look at the teams in the play off positions and then the two at the top. Anyone who said that this is a weaker Championship this year just need to look at the teams vying for Promotion to see that this is actually one of the most competitive years.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's about momentum and progress though. 'Boro are indifferent form wise, until today Hull have struggled away.

All opinions but I just think they have made some shrewd signings, and may present beat everyone.
Our momentum is 12 points out of 12.

Forget Massive Wednesday, all we need to worry about is Hull on Tuesday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Our momentum is 12 points out of 12.

Forget Massive Wednesday, all we need to worry about is Hull on Tuesday.

Of course and I'm not belittling our efforts at all, the discussion is around teams to fear and I think potentially Sheff Wed will be the one to watch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, yes, but whereas Boro and Hull have always been our close rivals at the top, the Owls are coming up from nowhere at a scary rate of knots. I just think we could do without them hurling themselves into the mix. But if we just keep our results as good as they are, we won't have to worry too much about any of the others!

Would you prefer they all just left us alone?

Confused (again) from Crawley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have made shrewd signings though - and that makes this discussion irrelevant. If we keep winning, we're up, and that wouldn't change if the Owls had bought Messi, Inniesta and Gareth Bale

Nobody is denying that. Sheff Weds are looking fairly solid and could prove a difficult obstacle IMO.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Always interesting to read how others view us. From my perspective we're still very much an outside bet for the top 2 but are going like a train at the moment. Players are full of confidence, especially Hooper who looks a sound investment at this point. I'd take issue with us not having to cope with injuries - we've had Westwood, his backup Wildsmith, Hunt, Hutchinson, Loovens, Turner, Lees, McGugan all unavailable at various times this season. Admittedly not all first picks but Westwood, Lees & Hutchinson in particular are very important to us and when they are in the side allow our more creative elements to do their thing. We might struggle if Hooper & Forestieri were to be out for any length of time though.

Our weakness this season has been a failure to beat any of the other challengers (although we have done the double over Brum). Might be harsh though as a number of those games could have netted us 3 points with the rub of the green, and were played before our first choice XI were all signed up. We do need to correct that and suspect we need to do better in upcoming games at Hull, Derby & your place if we have serious designs on the top 2.

Whatever happens, auto, playoffs or near miss, I think most Wednesday fans are enjoying this season more than any in the last couple of decades and are confident that we can push on next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we beat Hull in midweek then Wednesday will not catch us.

If we lose to Hull, then they might, but don't forget that Wednesday also go to Hull at the end of the month.

Stand or Fall, it's our results that we need focus on, and even thinking beyond the Hull match is too far for now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always interesting to read how others view us. From my perspective we're still very much an outside bet for the top 2 but are going like a train at the moment. Players are full of confidence, especially Hooper who looks a sound investment at this point. I'd take issue with us not having to cope with injuries - we've had Westwood, his backup Wildsmith, Hunt, Hutchinson, Loovens, Turner, Lees, McGugan all unavailable at various times this season. Admittedly not all first picks but Westwood, Lees & Hutchinson in particular are very important to us and when they are in the side allow our more creative elements to do their thing. We might struggle if Hooper & Forestieri were to be out for any length of time though.

Our weakness this season has been a failure to beat any of the other challengers (although we have done the double over Brum). Might be harsh though as a number of those games could have netted us 3 points with the rub of the green, and were played before our first choice XI were all signed up. We do need to correct that and suspect we need to do better in upcoming games at Hull, Derby & your place if we have serious designs on the top 2.

Whatever happens, auto, playoffs or near miss, I think most Wednesday fans are enjoying this season more than any in the last couple of decades and are confident that we can push on next season.

I've been watching you guys all season having heard about the new foreign owners & their intentions of ploughing vast sums of money into the club. I thought when we played at Hillsborough you were hugely improved on the dull, uninspiring side you have been for the past few seasons, even if you didn't win (our recent matches up there have been dire, this one in contrast was quite entertaining). I said to Bozza that day that I thought you were a decent striker away from being promotion candidates. Hooper is clearly filling that gap & you have form and momentum. No reason why you can't be up there. I'm amazed it seems to have taken the bookies this long to cotton on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here