Sheffield Wednsday FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC *** Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is that 75 games without winning from going behind now? Couldn't expect to today after Barnes attack of red mist but that is still a shocking stat and shows we have no resilience or answer to conceding the first goal to figure out how to win games from losing/drawing positions. Shows Gus's tactics and motivation skills to be seriously lacking in my opinion.

No it's not 75 games without winning from going behind

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Still in 7th place, with two home games to come. A fitter Upson and Ulloa, a chance to put CMS and Ulloa together.......hopefully put a winger in.
Must stay positive...

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Agreed. However this season you have to admit we've had more than our fair share of shit refs.

But hopefully Gus won't be saying this sort of thing in the changing room as often as he does in interviews. If he and the players are actually bemoaning refs as the reason we're not winning games something is very wrong.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
But hopefully Gus won't be saying this sort of thing in the changing room as often as he does in interviews. If he and the players are actually bemoaning refs as the reason we're not winning games something is very wrong.

Definitely. The team and Gus need to take responsibility for losses as happily as they take praise for wins.

I do think that the standard of refereeing needs to be addressed though as we've had some absolute shockers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well he wasnt blaming the ref for conceding sloppy goals..he was pretty clear on that matter...but do u want a manager to be totally quiet on things on the pitch..or even off it in this case that in his view were wrong...i'd like to hear him as we did tonight...providing of course its not week after week...and if you listen to the whole interview you will see that he had some sympathy with the ref..but was making points re what the 'club' need to say in certain situations...one of which will be if further action is taken against Charlie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports