Sep 9, 2011
Sheff Weds 0 Exeter 1
monty williams GIF

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Plymouth and Ipswich both winning comfortably. They both have a game in hand and is it stands there would be 3 points between second and :lolol:

Meanwhile, Derby and Bolton are both winning, with Pompey drawing. We could be 15 monutes away from the annual confirmation of Pompey still being a League 1 team next season.

Marvelous scenes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They’re on their way ba… oh.

Sheffield Wednesday 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When I lived in Sheffield, I worked with a roughly equal mix of Wednesday and United supporters, with a bunch of others thrown in.
Listening to an Everton fan talking to a Wednesday fan was always good for a laugh, it's funny how the people who complain the most about FFP seem to be those who's clubs have spent the most on absolute tripe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 points from the last 2 games for Ipswich and play offs for MASSIVE

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Stockdale was there on Sunday - he had a good 20 minute catch up with Glenn Murray in the tunnel area in corner of where I was in block 140 not long after ground opened

Stockdale went back to main tunnel area and Glenn looked like was off to media duties

Plus Stockdale can say he knows the place well in the massive dressing room

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I lived in Sheffield, I worked with a roughly equal mix of Wednesday and United supporters, with a bunch of others thrown in.
Listening to an Everton fan talking to a Wednesday fan was always good for a laugh, it's funny how the people who complain the most about FFP seem to be those who's clubs have spent the most on absolute tripe.

And now slam FFP as nasty, an attempt to keep them under the thumb.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think - but stand to be corrected - that Sunderland who had 90 points in the late 90's but didn't get promoted were the team with the most points to achieve that feat.

Records are there to be broken.....

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Stockdale went back to main tunnel area and Glenn looked like was off to media duties
He was the Albion rep on the BBC panel. Lineker started off asking him something along the lines of, "so what's the main difference between this team and the semi final team from 2019?". Glenn just looked at him and said "are you joking!!" :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
After THAT Boro game my lad was a mascot and the home leg of the play-off SF against Massive, we sat behind the Massive dug out and their players were absolute shits!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think - but stand to be corrected - that Sunderland who had 90 points in the late 90's but didn't get promoted were the team with the most points to achieve that feat.

This is correct. Wednesday will smash that record. Which is of course, highly amusing.

They'd have got away with losses to Barnsley (acceptable), FGR and Burton (not so much) had Ipswich not won 12 of their last 13 games and Plymouth equally not letting up.

They've been unlucky. But then they did the same to Sheff Utd a decade ago and obviously also took advantage of our crushed state in 2016 after we similarly missed out in a 3 way drive for 2 promotion spots.

It's funny how so many clowns on Owlstalk are therefore calling for Darren Moore's head despite him taking them on a 22 match unbeaten run. I mean who do they think would do a much better job? They might even still get promoted yet. Joke fans. 🤡

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Sunderland failed to get promoted to the Premier League in the 97-98 season with 90 points, losing the play off final to Charlton on penalties after a 4-4 draw (one of the best play off games ever).

Sheff United matched that feat in the 2011-12 season and missed out on promotion from League 1 losing the play off final to Huddersfield (also on penalties).

Massive look set to break that record and could end the season on 96 points and miss out on promotion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Choking in the play off after finishing 3rd, common...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Away at Peterborough tonight in their play-off game. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I fully expect Wednesday to steamroller their way past such a tiny club. I'm sure we all do.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think 6/4 on Sheffield Wednesday tonight is decent value.

They finished 19 points above the Posh, hope to have Lee Gregory and Josh Windass back from injury and have a solid away record (apart from losing at Forest Green). Darren Ferguson is not a nice guy. So with 97 points, I hope MASSIVE smash Peterborough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My son in law is a Massive fan and after my meltdowns about VAR this season is not happy that tonights game will have VAR

As the BIG club I imagine they’ll be the beneficiaries of any dodgy decisions though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports