Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Just had a look on that site and noticed that the Harley Hotel comes up as the closest hotel; just thought I'd better warn you if you were considering that one that the rooms are above a bar which is open til the early hours of the morning, so if you fancy a late night drink and a dance it's perfect but don't go there if you actually want to get any sleep.

There's another little pub/hotel very near to the ground called (originally enough) The Hillsborough Hotel. I used to live right opposite it and though I can't vouch for its quality as a hotel, as a pub it's excellent and it's right on a tram stop so getting to the ground is easy.
http://www.hillsborough-hotel.co.uk/

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hillsborough is a hole, stay in the city centre. Jurys Inn is usually well priced at weekends and decent, very good breakfast buffet too

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sheffield Central travelodge is £40 for the saturday evening, well located in the town center and was very pleasant for the money paid at late notice. Stay in the town center, or go into the peak district is my advice, have family up there and thats what we do.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I've booked into the Holiday inn, room only was £48. but have opted for 3 course dinner, bed & breakfast for £89 for 2 of us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am booked into Jurys Inn.£49 for me and two teeage sons.Good reviews on trip adviser.

You should take your brother!:drink:

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Thinking about staying up there over night, anyone know if there is any places to stay, not too far from the ground?

Cheers.

i spend a lot of time in leeds, and always stay in Headingly, village hotel approx £60 for a double including breko, good nightlife, top resturant Salvos!

nice pool and gym in hotel too!! and not that far back to footie!!!:rave:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Travelodge very pleasant???

Yes. A travelodge, the cheap hotels? Its not going to be The Ritz is it, its a cheap hotel with a decent sized room for the money and you know what to expect. By all means fork out £100+ if you like, but all seems pretty pointless for me for a room that you'll spend one night in after a football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here