Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Where are the critical comments for Bong then!!!! Played well again. Thought some said he should have been dropped, and weak link!!!!! Well played Bong.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk
Getting back to last seasons high standard again, great that we've got Pocognoli snapping at his heels too. It's all good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, happy train home what a result

D

Deleted member 2719

Baldock " Refs can tend to be sensitive can't they ". :bowdown:

Play it again Sam.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
hqdefault.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Someone indicated he's now on four yellows, along with Dunk. Be good if he saved his fifth until one or both of:
-- Solly being back and firing on all cylinders
-- he saves his suspension for a weak opponent

Care to name a weak opponent?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chairman is very pleased with the result today

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No Kayal, no Stephens, and we manage to win at Sheffield. That's strength in depth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember it well, out swinging half volley from about 30 yards out. Didn't they have Pressman back in goal then as well?

Also remember seeing CKR score with a well placed header in a draw one evening match on Sky, so at least I've seen more goals than some by the looks of it. :lolol:

May well have done! Yes CKR was a late, late one - and we were lucky that night - remember watching in King & Queen and it went mental when that went in :)

What a result today - happy to have been proved wrong...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
100% win rate on match threads this season.... 😉

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
From Owl44 on Owlstalk........

Thought it amusing.

'Just got back. What a frustrating game of football. Just seen the stats and it didn't seem as one sided as that I must say. We took ages to get going again but when we did we more than matched them. At times it was like watching a giant pinball machine in their area as they put everybody behind the ball and we just couldn't get it past them. How tall are their team? Particularly their central defenders? Duffy must be about 6ft 5ins! They have cartoon character names too - Duffy, Dunk and Bong! Don't play like it though. My daughter's assessment of it was that it was like watching a set of hobbits against men of steel at times. Fletcher hardly won a header today - that's how tall they were. Don't really know what to think - we seemed lethargic in first half but got better as it went on. Started slowly in second but again came into it as half went on. Unlucky with some of chances saved and cleared off line - again some bad misses. Hope we don't look back on all these and regret them. Haven't read rest of thread but has anybody mentioned the referee? Two of our players got blatantly smacked by their players right in front of us - first Wallace who took a whack to the face and then Hunt who got smacked and given a nose bleed. Ref gave nothing. Bannan gave him a right talking too. Again my daughter's assessment - Why are they so dirty and why are we too nice?'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
21 points after 5 homes and 6 aways gets us back on track for a 'win at home, draw away' 92 point finish.

Well done albion, what a nice way to go into the international break.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
When did we last score a near post goal from open play before this afternoon?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From Owl44 on Owlstalk........

Thought it amusing.

'Just got back. What a frustrating game of football. Just seen the stats and it didn't seem as one sided as that I must say. We took ages to get going again but when we did we more than matched them. At times it was like watching a giant pinball machine in their area as they put everybody behind the ball and we just couldn't get it past them. How tall are their team? Particularly their central defenders? Duffy must be about 6ft 5ins! They have cartoon character names too - Duffy, Dunk and Bong! Don't play like it though. My daughter's assessment of it was that it was like watching a set of hobbits against men of steel at times. Fletcher hardly won a header today - that's how tall they were. Don't really know what to think - we seemed lethargic in first half but got better as it went on. Started slowly in second but again came into it as half went on. Unlucky with some of chances saved and cleared off line - again some bad misses. Hope we don't look back on all these and regret them. Haven't read rest of thread but has anybody mentioned the referee? Two of our players got blatantly smacked by their players right in front of us - first Wallace who took a whack to the face and then Hunt who got smacked and given a nose bleed. Ref gave nothing. Bannan gave him a right talking too. Again my daughter's assessment - Why are they so dirty and why are we too nice?'

:tantrum: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here