casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I certainly wouldn't be surprised we play a 4-3-3 with this formation:

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Goldson Bong
Rosenior Sidwell Kayal
Knockeart Hemed Lua Lua

I'd take a draw tonight definitely

Have you see owlstalk today? Their all practically jizzing themselves constantly about the game!

Yet on here there is an air of formality already, that we're not going to get through because we never do at this level, and that our best chance was last week.

Let's hope the players think differently eh

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I certainly wouldn't be surprised we play a 4-3-3 with this formation:

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Goldson Bong
Rosenior Sidwell Kayal
Knockeart Hemed Lua Lua

I'd take a draw tonight definitely

Have you see owlstalk today? Their all practically jizzing themselves constantly about the game!

Yet on here there is an air of formality already, that we're not going to get through because we never do at this level, and that our best chance was last week.

Let's hope the players think differently eh
Apart from the fact that we don't normally do 4-3-3, why on earth would we put LuaLua on from the start when we've got Skylark or Murphy available?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
In keeping with our solidarity with other clubs theme atm and the fact that this is the first high profile match at Hillsborough since the verdict on 26th April is anyone taking a justice for the 96 banner?

Having watched the documentary on iPlayer recently it still sends chills down my spine thinking about it.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Apart from the fact that we don't normally do 4-3-3, why on earth would we put LuaLua on from the start when we've got Skylark or Murphy available?

Because it wouldn't be what Wednesday would expect! Plus they started off together really well and helped us keep compact when defending.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because it wouldn't be what Wednesday would expect! Plus they started off together really well and helped us keep compact when defending.

They wouldn't expect Chicksen, Rea and Maenpaee either, but that's no reason to leave your better players out and bring in less able ones.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Doubt it. He learnt his lesson at Cardiff. Sod all use the away draw against Palace did us in the play-offs. We need to try and win both games and CH knows it. We have the best away record in the league - we should capitalise on that.

I agree, I think the squad will be fired up from last week. It would be nice if they put Massive on the back-foot early on and capitalise - that's when we've looked the most threatening.

To hold on and pray for a 0-0 drabfest echoes the first leg at Palace a couple of years back. If Hughton sticks with a similar line-up to last weekend, it will be a very strong attacking tour de force.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He probably will, but Wednesday will almost certainly see this game as their opportunity to notch a couple of goals. They'll realise we're all on a slight downer following the Middlesbrough draw and will want to take advantage of that. If we can be positive and try and get them on the counter attack it will help to ease the pressure they'll try to exert.
Makes sense. Murphy and Wilson for the counter?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
In keeping with our solidarity with other clubs theme atm and the fact that this is the first high profile match at Hillsborough since the verdict on 26th April is anyone taking a justice for the 96 banner?

Having watched the documentary on iPlayer recently it still sends chills down my spine thinking about it.

A Justice for Dale banner would be more appropriate right now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Doubt it. He learnt his lesson at Cardiff. Sod all use the away draw against Palace did us in the play-offs. We need to try and win both games and CH knows it.
Does he though? He's spent him life with the draw away and win at home philosophy. He changed it up a little in recent weeks as we had to push for wins for top two, but we basically had nothing to lose. Obviously a draw away and win at home would be perfect right now, so I'm not confident he'll be going for the win.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you think we could get AWAY with IT ? I thought we could give STEVENS a GINGER syrup and say he is SIDWELL.

Would the REF realise if we tried it ?

The BIG problem with that Ernest, is that we might need to bring the ACTUAL Sidwell on, later in the game, so we'd have to disguise HIM as BURNO, and SALTER as BONG. It would get VERY confusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here