Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sorry to go against the grain and all that - but it is a fair enough conclusion after the Hillsborough away match that they were better than us. They won for a start, and looked a bit too strong and a bit too experienced for us. There was a disgraceful challenge on Painter, but there was also El Abd's theatricals. And if you think that Wednesday are not a big club - then you have not been to Sheffield or Hillsborough.

The Wednesday fans I have met have been level headed - not expecting anything other than from their efforts on the pitch. And it has been a long time out of the top division for them.

Great club, great fans. Let's face it - you would not want people to make their judgements on the Albion from a lot of threads and posters on here.

oh do give over for fucksake.....:lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've hated Wednesday fans ever since my first girlfriend left me for one in 1978, would love to see them relegated.

Not that I'm one to bear a grudge ...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've hated Wednesday fans ever since my first girlfriend left me for one in 1978, would love to see them relegated. Not that I'm one to bear a grudge ...[/QUOTE]

With you there Gwylan. Check out my signature (below)

Too bad we aren't going to get the chance to ram Irvine's stupid remarks down his throat, but it will be good to see big time Megson and his big time club down here fighting relegation in a few weeks time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Astonishing how bad they doing really. And of course very funny.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Astonishing how bad they doing really. And of course very funny.

Exactly. At the start of the season they looked as if they would be really good candidates to go up with a very strong side now all of a sudden, they have gone into a team who look like they COULD go down ..

Owell :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Their form since the 6-2 mauling of Bristol Rovers...

LLDLDLDLLDWL

Seven points from a potential 36. Lucky for them that they had a fairly decent start.

I never thought they would be a force, but I didn't think they would do so poorly. Their front line is dire and I am sure they are paid rather well. Mellor and Morrison - I wouldn't have either of them.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wednesday keep saying they are a massive club....yes a 40,000 seat stadium which they cannot fill to 50%....about 18,000,that has games called off from leaking water pipes,nearly went out of business from overspanding on players and wages,but were saved by the kindness of the Co-op bank wiping out a considerable sum...having said that I would not have wanted them to go out of the league....you have got to have opposition....thought Wednesday might have been that opposition....but....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that early season Mellor seemed the type of striker who would take Wednesday up and if offered him I would have been happy for him to sign for us. However it hasnt worked out for him.

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
mmm Big and strong i would agree with, maybe even fat instead of big, i thought he was way to slow to be a decent striker and although El- Abd made the most of that shove, he did raise his hands and should have been sent off.
I wouldn't take him over any of our strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here