Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield vs Sheffield

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think they nicked it from wolves too?

Wolves used to run out to The Liquidator, until somebody at Molineux decided it wasn't very nice that their fans sung "**** off West Brom! The Wolves!" after each line of the chorus.

Oddly enough, nobody at WBA seemed that bothered, and "**** off Wanderers! West Brom!" is still de rigeur at the Hawthorns.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Massive’s shirt sponsor can’t be happy you can’t even on close ups, read their name

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Massive’s shirt sponsor can’t be happy you can’t even on close ups, read their name

It's their chairman's company (Chansiri), so he's probably not all that bothered.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Wolves used to run out to The Liquidator, until somebody at Molineux decided it wasn't very nice that their fans sung "**** off West Brom! The Wolves!" after each line of the chorus.

Oddly enough, nobody at WBA seemed that bothered, and "**** off Wanderers! West Brom!" is still de rigeur at the Hawthorns.
Yow I doo loike to be beside ve seaside
Yow I doo loike to be beside ve see
Yow I do loike to walk along ve prompromprom
Were the brasss ban play
F### OFF WES BROM! (AN BURMINHAM!)
F### OFF WES BROM! (AN BURMINHAM!)
etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I remember a time when Sheffield Wednesday were actually likeable. Mid 90's. They were near the top of the Premier league with players like warhurst, waddle and Sheridan. I need some advice on this. Was i just young and impressionable? Or were they actually alright back then? If so, what changed?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember a time when Sheffield Wednesday were actually likeable. Mid 90's. They were near the top of the Premier league with players like warhurst, waddle and Sheridan. I need some advice on this. Was i just young and impressionable? Or were they actually alright back then? If so, what changed?

They were in the top league. They didn't have that sense of false entitlement that they do now, nor any need to prove their massive-ness continually.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They were likeable. David Hirst as well. A competent PL outfit, without financially cheating their way to stay there, like Charlton.

Perhaps the wilderness years, then the $$$$ ownership of Chansiri, turns many of their fans into cnts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bolton in severe danger of going bust.

Would change the top of the table in West Brom's favour, and be bad news for the top 3 all having 2 wins chalked off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Nope they were still twats back then. When I was at university back then, we had loads of Wednesday fans on our course - all pricks. The one United fan on it was/is a top bloke.

For this reason, I have always intensely disliked massive Wednesday. I'm absolutely delighted their crumbling ground is now out of date and half empty all the time these days. Relatively speaking, Wednesday have fallen hilariously in stature since then, which is pleasing.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
They were likeable. David Hirst as well. A competent PL outfit, without financially cheating their way to stay there, like Charlton.

Perhaps the wilderness years, then the $$$$ ownership of Chansiri, turns many of their fans into cnts.

We’d be no different if we’d gone down to the conference and never came back.

But the Premier League is cruel. Most of the big established clubs that have gone down, are yetvto come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here