[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
We are playing astonishingly slowly. Looks like a force field preventing positive passes during possession on the half way line. The risks we are taking when playing out from the back could easily gift them a second.

Absolutely this!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I was worried when I saw clips of them training this week. Looked pedestrian, cocky and arrogant. Like they've played tonight. It's so galling as we put so much effort into the bigger games. It's 3 points for beating anyone lads! Please perform in the second half. I'd probably take Trossard off - he's the epitome of what I've just typed tonight. Would you take a point now?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Summed up on the radio quite well.
We take so many risks in our own half but none in the final third, like we are playing back to front.
Personally, I am now convinced that Potter has banned any shots unless it is in the six yard box, Bissouma must do his head in with not only his long shots but nearly always miles off target.
Does he not realise that Wellbeck is great at shooting from just inside or just outside the box.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is so fecking awful I have switched over to Name That Tune!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Webster still getting back to form. dunk out of position. Temporary full backs. We haven’t got a lot going for us at the back........and still we play pitter patter at the back. In fact we have played more in our box than I can remember.
Let’s turn it around in the second half.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Look forward to seeing how Jahanbakhsh changes things when thrown on in the 87th minute as our only sub

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I now accept that relegation would be a disaster, we are useless against combative sides. So pissed off with how we are playing so far, the same as we always play when pressed by donkeys :down:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I was worried when I saw clips of them training this week. Looked pedestrian, cocky and arrogant. Like they've played tonight. It's so galling as we put so much effort into the bigger games. It's 3 points for beating anyone lads! Please perform in the second half. I'd probably take Trossard off - he's the epitome of what I've just typed tonight. Would you take a point now?
In a sick way, may do us some good to lose so it knocks some sense into then for the run in...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Our approach has needed changing from the first fifteen minutes. Sheffield United are set up to press with the front players while the defence and midfield squeeze the space in their half. Pump it forward, give em the ball and then double up on the man with the ball. We did it at Chelsea.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

This is our cup final game of the season. Literally safety. Unless we see a phenomenally better performance this half I want to see us get a manager that has the emotional intelligence to deal with the psychological aspects of the game.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I love the Albion but, dear God, we can be very hard to watch.. I think Biss is up for it, but whose with him?

Pedestrian in that half, slow, short of ideas and no urgency. A homing crab - sideways and backwards. D +. Must do better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports