[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I didn’t see it.

Was it a bad losers (their routine win hasn’t gone to plan) challenge like Lo Celso’s disgraceful stamp?

That used to be Wenger's line but now Jose is using it.

I do not understand how anyone viewing a slow motion replay could not give a red for that challenge.

When you think about Hemed getting a ban for a "stamp" that was the same!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good to see him adapting the team to the opposition, fart arsing about in our own area would have been a disaster against this lot with that referee.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I found that a very annoying point. Every 50/50, every ricochet, everything seemed to fall sheffields way. We defended well enough, maybe I'm getting used to having 60%+ of the possession. I stand by my observation of them being the wasp at the picnic

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really... it didn't sound like that on the radio, but makes sense considering Dunk was injured by it

Exactly! They made it sound like Dunk knew he wasn't getting the ball and stayed down to feign injury in the hope he wouldn't get punished, then they jumped to it being a clear red, without making it clear they were referring to the Utd player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The number of teams that have got a lucky and undeserved point against us tis season - West Ham, Villa, Burnley, Newcastle for a start - it's about time we got a point we didn't deserve! That's the point I would happily have taken at kick off!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another utter dreadful performance under Potter. We look clueless.

MY TEAM got a nice little draw away today. Sorry you didn't so well. No doubt you will be back on line next weekend. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found that a very annoying point. Every 50/50, every ricochet, everything seemed to fall sheffields way. We defended well enough, maybe I'm getting used to having 60%+ of the possession. I stand by my observation of them being the wasp at the picnic

Ref was 100% a homer

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A point more than Villa and Bournemouth. Need ManU to win tomorrow to make it a good weekend.

We could be worse. Villa fans resigned or angry on villatalk, hate towards Dean Smith.

7B433568-CD82-4C0C-AC2F-63F7E2245219.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'll take not very pretty but effective over pretty but not very effective any day of the week.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm quite impressed with that. First time this season we've shown real physical and defensive resolve. A Hughtonesque performance. I didn't think we had it in us anymore.

Not a bad point and hopefully a springboard for a win next week against palace.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Excellent point. Seems Potter isn't so clueless people?

Horses for course.

If you can’t beat ‘em, join em!

A championship game in every sense.

His selection blew the minds of many an old boy on here but we did a lot better than the Amex game with solid Hughton football. With a better ref, we’d have a penalty and they’d have been down to 10 after the studs up stamp on Dunk. Excellent point!

I’m expecting Potterball at the Amex next week with some surprise picks! [emoji106]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll take not very pretty but effective over pretty but not very effective any day of the week.

At this stage of the season there is nothing wrong with a bit of Hughtonball

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A great away point at a team doing really well near the top of the table. I would have taken a point before kick off, and it also shows we’ve got the grit to dig in and get points albeit it one, at away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports