Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield Pubs

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
There is a pub close to the ground called The Albion. It doesn't look that promosing from the outside, but it has a massive yard out the back, with some covered and heated seating areas. They serve decent looking Pizza out back and beer from a local independent brewer. No problem getting in and getting served for the FA Cup game.

Didn't try the pizza as we ate Dim Sum at Chinatown. https://maps.app.goo.gl/HHjicGFvLdU2Ji4TA
Good service, good value, excellent Dim Sum if anyone is interested
We were in there for the Cup game and we’re going back on Sunday 🍻👍

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We went to the sheaf view about 15 mins from stadium. £3.40 a pint, lots of selection. Don’t think can wear brighton colours though - quite friendly place so possibly

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We went to the Wetherspoons called The Sheaf Island on FA cup day. It was fine, did the job, about a 10-15 minute walk from the ground.

We went in there the night before as it was near our hotel. Food was average, but a lot of good beer choices at good prices. Blue Moon white beer for £3 something. Madness.

From our weekend trip for the FA Cup I can highly recommend the following for cask ales.
Sheffield Tap at the train station.
Rutland Arms. Huge selection of cask & keg.
Lord Nelson is strictly home but try and sneak in, good beers.
We found the Triple Point Brewery too big and no atmosphere but will be different match day. No cask when we went.
Saturday night if making a weekend of it grab a taxi to the Kelham Island area-
Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern & Shakespeare's.
And we went here at lunchtime on the Saturday. Quick look around the (free) museum, then a pint in the cool little pub in the museum yard (Mill owners arms?) and the Kelham Island brewery tap.

Recommend

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We went in there the night before as it was near our hotel. Food was average, but a lot of good beer choices at good prices. Blue Moon white beer for £3 something. Madness.

And we went here at lunchtime on the Saturday. Quick look around the (free) museum, then a pint in the cool little pub in the museum yard (Mill owners arms?) and the Kelham Island brewery tap.

Recommend
Hadn't noticed that the Kelham Island Brewery hadn't shut after all / has reopened. That's good to hear.

I spent 9months during covid living equidistant between the Wellington and the Fat Cat (i.e. the Neepsend Brewery Tap and the Kelham Island Brewery Tap). So predictably spent most of that time having Abbeydale beers delivered. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hadn't noticed that the Kelham Island Brewery hadn't shut after all / has reopened. That's good to hear.

I spent 9months during covid living equidistant between the Wellington and the Fat Cat (i.e. the Neepsend Brewery Tap and the Kelham Island Brewery Tap). So predictably spent most of that time having Abbeydale beers delivered. :facepalm:
Nah, sorry! Just read my post back - we only had a pint in the pub - just meant the brewery was there too - didn’t actually notice whether it was open or not!

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood

The Fat Cat, happy memories of the steam hammers at closing time from the Tyzak works, more convenient for Hillborough though worth the trip if still open. You can have a cheap curry in Pitsmoor too.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Nah, sorry! Just read my post back - we only had a pint in the pub - just meant the brewery was there too - didn’t actually notice whether it was open or not!
I had a quick google since I was a little surprised that you said you'd been there (and I always thought the Fat Cat was the taproom), it seems to be open in some form:

Although confusingly the online sales seem to be through Thornbridge Brewery.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
If you're going up Saturday or early Sunday, head to The Grapes on Trippet Lane. Lots of old school memorabilia relating to history and music and where Arctic Monkeys played their first ever show. A bit out of the way but a brilliant boozer. Went there pre the cup game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Looking forward to. Some good non alcoholic choices these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here