Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why are we so excited about the ticket exchange? It's easier to buy and sell tickets on here for the ST value. It's cheaper for both buyers and sellers.

Difficult to co-ordinate and a bit risky if you're not going to a game and you have to give someone your season ticket and then get it back off them.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Difficult to co-ordinate and a bit risky if you're not going to a game and you have to give someone your season ticket and then get it back off them.

That's what my impressions were but I am told you can order a paper ticket for a small charge and still earn more than you would from the exchange. I think you have a chance of actually selling it too :)

Jul 13, 2012
I'd like to add that the people who have taken my smart card are posters on here who have 50 or more posts, if they hadn't any posts then i'd have a good hard think about handing it over. Always have a chat first to suss them out. Like I said, it's about trust.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No, they come and collect my smart card and return it 1st class. Haven't had any problems so far. It's all about trust and when the first person abuses that trust then it's a deposit.

Seems a good system although, I'd ask for a £10 and then return it when they return the card. Either that or get a paper one printed for a quid or so.

Sheffield Wed showing as sold out now. So where is the ticket exchange link anyway?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's not at all.

1. List the ticket for sale on the NSC ticket exchange.
2. When you have a buyer, take payment in advance by bank transfer or Paypal.
3. Phone the ticket office and tell them you'd like a paper replacement and give them the name of your buyer. Tell them whether to send it via post or for collection on matchday at the Amex. (If you're in the week of the match itself, have it collected to avoid any possible post issues)

Quick, easy and zero risk to your smartcard.

I was just thinking I should post this to the ticket exchange part of the site as a lot of people still seem to be unaware.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's not at all.

3. Phone the ticket office and tell them you'd like a paper replacement and give them the name of your buyer. Tell them whether to send it via post or for collection on matchday at the Amex. (If you're in the week of the match itself, have it collected to avoid any possible post issues)

I was just thinking I should post this to the ticket exchange part of the site as a lot of people still seem to be unaware.

Do the club charge you for the service of printing and sending the paper ticket?

Jul 13, 2012
I suppose that's ok, you just add that to the price. So my ESU ticket is roughly £25 per game so I sell for £28. It's alot cheaper than £37 plus £2 booking fee!

I always give a good deal when I can't attend as selling cheap means I get some kind of return. I sold my last ticket for £15 and that was the day before. Rather have some return and some bod in my seat.

I agree the NCS ticket exchange is great and easy. Also buyers pay less and sellers get more so win win all around.

Sadly however, it's not main stream. This is confirmed from last season when the NSC ticket exchange was active yet games were sold out and there were still 2000 ST no shows. No doubt, without NSC the number of no shows will be even higher.

If I have a ticket to sell, I will always try NSC first, but not everyone will. Sadly, there will also be some STH's who are not going and will not bother to offer their ticket on NSC or the official channel.

Hey ho

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's not at all.

Didn't realise that, thanks (presumably they will continue to do even when the official ticket exchange is operating?)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Counting tickets on that site is a futile exercise as tickets in baskets show unavailable. In fact people counting them is probably creating the problem.

Why not just wait for the club to announce the sell out?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It's not at all.

If I'd have known it was that easy I might have tried to buy a ST this year! I thought it would have been impossible to sell tickets when I'm not actually there to swap a card for cash.

No, they come and collect my smart card and return it 1st class. Haven't had any problems so far. It's all about trust and when the first person abuses that trust then it's a deposit.

If you're getting it sent back by post I would advise that the card is well protected in the envelope; as sometimes the machines that sort the mail can have a nasty habit of chewing up envelopes with cards in!

Jul 13, 2012
If you're getting it sent back by post I would advise that the card is well protected in the envelope; as sometimes the machines that sort the mail can have a nasty habit of chewing up envelopes with cards in!

Like I've said, I've always received the smart card back by post and touch wood it's all been well and good at the moment so will continue to operate in the same manner as I've been doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports