Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Why wouldn't they want the ticket exchange operating? It's more cash for them isn't it?

They don't get any extra money for a ticket exchange since the tickets are already sold. It's a pretty cynical idea but who knows. I think it might just be to avoid sparse blocks, which would make stewarding inefficient.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They don't get any extra money for a ticket exchange since the tickets are already sold. It's a pretty cynical idea but who knows. I think it might just be to avoid sparse blocks, which would make stewarding inefficient.

But they don't give you full value of your ticket, can't remember but it's like 80% or something, plus they then sell it on at the higher match by match price - therefore making more cash, on top of what would be a reasonable admin charge.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But they don't give you full value of your ticket, can't remember but it's like 80% or something, plus they then sell it on at the higher match by match price - therefore making more cash, on top of what would be a reasonable admin charge.

In which case I totally withdraw my ill thought out accusation. Apologies BHAFC.

It's not 'sold out' now but all sections are showing none available!! I think you've crashed the ticketing system!!!

Gulp! They seem to have a bug. When they hit 0 and then tickets come back.

The homepage works and people can select best available tickets but the map seems to not have reset itself to saying tickets are available. It is possible this is in the session state for the ticket site and will time out in 30 mins and come back online.

Anyway if you want to pick tickets in the remaining block use this URL: http://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/seatSelection.aspx?product=H3T13&stand=S1&area=S1F&stadium=AC&an=a24&campaign=&type=H

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Are they releasing small batches every now and then?

If they are, the cynic in me might think they're doing this to ensure the 'sold out' signs don't go up until it's too late to crank up the ticket exchange machine.

I actually think in line with this after I put mine up for the Cardiff game.

It seems rather than put all tickets available for sale they are released in small chunks, hence the sold out message appears now and again. Another few seem to be released, sold, sold out message, then another few.

Each time the game appeared to be sold out I thought the exchange might kick in but it never did. Obviously the club have had the money for the exchange seat and so it is much more beneficial for them to sell all unsold seats first but the way it appears to be done seems to make it very unlikely that the exchange will ever kick in. However it is in their interests to mop up these seats via the exchange and never sell them.

As was said to me on the day of the Cardiff match, it is much better to sell it on here as you get more

I actually think in line with this after I put mine up for the Cardiff game.

It seems rather than put all tickets available for sale they are released in small chunks, hence the sold out message appears now and again. Another few seem to be released, sold, sold out message, then another few.

Each time the game appeared to be sold out I thought the exchange might kick in but it never did. Obviously the club have had the money for the exchange seat and so it is much more beneficial for them to sell all unsold seats first but the way it appears to be done seems to make it very unlikely that the exchange will ever kick in. However it is in their interests to mop up these seats via the exchange and never sell them.

As was said to me on the day of the Cardiff match, it is much better to sell it on here as you get more

But the ticket exchange was only ever going to kick in after all tickets were sold. How they decide to sell them surely has no relevance?

Don't be surprised if a few more small pockets suddenly come available in other stands.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
How they decide to sell them surely has no relevance?

It does if you actually believe you might have a chance of seeing a return. If they keep drip feeding right up until kick off, which is virtually what happened at Cardiff, there is very little chance of seeing that return for any but the largest of matches.
If that's the case then so be it and as said before, sell it on here, much more chance of a sale.

It does if you actually believe you might have a chance of seeing a return. If they keep drip feeding right up until kick off, which is virtually what happened at Cardiff, there is very little chance of seeing that return for any but the largest of matches.
If that's the case then so be it and as said before, sell it on here, much more chance of a sale.

I could buy into your argument if there was a time when no tickets were available, but I don't think there has been.

I do agree it's crazy that someone who can't attend this game is not even able to make their ticket available.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I could buy into your argument if there was a time when no tickets were available, but I don't think there has been.

I do agree it's crazy that someone who can't attend this game is not even able to make their ticket available.

:D I'm not arguing really, just saying how I perceived it from the first game.

There were maybe three or four times when the game was declared sold out for the Cardiff match. I think people even copied and pasted the message on here. How many people may have logged on, seen the message, and didn't bother again?

At one time there were just two seats available that had to be sold but one of these was a disabled seat and a carer(?).

It just got the cynical part of me thinking that the exchange is really to take sold seats out of the loop so more club seats are sold.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I don't think it's crazy; it's not in the club's best interest to offer tickets from the exchange before they've got rid of all the unsold tickets (both financially and aesthetically (i.e big block of empty seats))

I don't think it's crazy; it's not in the club's best interest to offer tickets from the exchange before they've got rid of all the unsold tickets (both financially and aesthetically (i.e big block of empty seats))

You missed my point completely.

I fully understand that no tickets will be offered for sale via the exchange until it's a full and complete sellout. I understand and agree why this is the case.

However, what I am not able to do is even register my ticket as available.

If I went on holiday for a week say yesterday, I would like to log in and tell the ticket exchange I won't be sitting in my seat. And then, if it's a sell out and if I am lucky enough that someone will buy my seat, then I will get some money to spend on pies. This is how it should be.

Instead, if I was now on holiday, I would need to log into the website every day and see if it's sold out, which IS crazy. Just because someone says they can't make it, does not mean it has be offered at that point.

On the other side of the coin, if/when the ticket exchange is activated, how many tickets do you think will suddenly be available? The answer at that single point in time is a bi fat ZERO. So utter useless. Of course, some may then be offered, but that's really not the point.

Hope you understand where I am coming from now!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I fully understand that no tickets will be offered for sale via the exchange until it's a full and complete sellout. I understand and agree why this is the case.

If I went on holiday for a week say yesterday, I would like to log in and tell the ticket exchange I won't be sitting in my seat. And then, if it's a sell out and if I am lucky enough that someone will buy my seat, then I will get some money to spend on pies. This is how it should be.

Instead, if I was now on holiday, I would need to log into the website every day and see if it's sold out, which IS crazy. Just because someone says they can't make it, does not mean it has be offered at that point.

On the other side of the coin, if/when the ticket exchange is activated, how many tickets do you think will suddenly be available? The answer at that single point in time is a bi fat ZERO. So utter useless. Of course, some may then be offered, but that's really not the point.

100% :thumbsup: (and agree!)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

I have a STH at Wembley and can sell my ticket whatever the crowd size, although it is obviously more difficult to sell when (like tomorrow) the ground will be nowhere full. They give you about four prices you can sell at so you can choose whether to maximise revenue and risk not selling or ensure you are cheapest if you really want to sell. The exchange is done by email so no buggering about picking up tickets at the ground or whatever, it is all very slick

Wembley take 15% commission plus VAT so they do get income from this. OK, not as much as selling an empty seat but it keeps customers satisfied.

I intend to write to Barber soon suggesting similar scheme for Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I agree completely IF that is how it works. But is that how it works?

[MENTION=392]rool[/MENTION] got his ticket into the exchange for Cardiff and before it sold out, I think. It quite clearly makes sense for someone to put their seat into the exchange system as early as possible, acknowledging that the re-sale process may not actually happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports