Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
At the home games so far this season, I've noticed a small cluster of empty seats in the middle tier of the west stand, closest to the north stand. Anyone know why? Just curious.

From where I sit in WSU there are empty seats all over the place which is why the official attendance figure is so inflated.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Looks very clever! Do we know for sure that the amount listed is actually the amount remaining though? I was under the impression that they released the south stand tickets on a block-by-block basis to concentrate fans away from the away supporters.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From where I sit in WSU there are empty seats all over the place which is why the official attendance figure is so inflated.

First home game that isn't in the summer holiday season though, so I imagine there will be fewer no shows from the season ticket holders.

Also looks like the ticket exchange may kick in; 20 tickets remain if that rather clever little site is correct!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
down to 9 tickets left (not that I'm addicted to Berkshire's clever little app!) - awaits release of more tickets...........................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

That's not why the figure is inflated. The club has adopted the same method as most other clubs in reporting the number of tickets sold, including all the season tickets, not the number of people through the turnstiles. If no-one attended a game, the attendance would equal roughly the number of season tickets sold, regardless.

Seems pointless to me, but apparently it is good for marketing/sales/business :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I,m sweating..........I only need 28 for the line.

This is interesting. In order to see if the app could deal with 0 I took the last 4 (well put them in my basket) and it sold out. However as I assume noone in the office is sub-2 minute quick I believe it automatically triggered a bunch of new seats to be released (and my 4 went back into the pot when I cleared my basket).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Went down to 10 odd then jumped a little

Are they releasing small batches every now and then?

If they are, the cynic in me might think they're doing this to ensure the 'sold out' signs don't go up until it's too late to crank up the ticket exchange machine.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Are they releasing small batches every now and then?

If they are, the cynic in me might think they're doing this to ensure the 'sold out' signs don't go up until it's too late to crank up the ticket exchange machine.

Why wouldn't they want the ticket exchange operating? It's more cash for them isn't it?

This is interesting. In order to see if the app could deal with 0 I took the last 4 (well put them in my basket) and it sold out. However as I assume noone in the office is sub-2 minute quick I believe it automatically triggered a bunch of new seats to be released (and my 4 went back into the pot when I cleared my basket).

Actually I took the other 34 and the game momentarily sold out. This time no new tickets arrived....better still the app didnt crash. I've put the 34 back in the pot again now and people can buy again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here