Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Weds - Tickets Remaining

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Arsenal have been doing it ever since they moved into the Emirates, which is why their attendance is always 60k despite there being masses of empty seats. I think it's a shame as it makes comparison with old records pointless - the 'attendance' should be exactly that, not the number of tickets sold.

at least old old records would be mostly tickets sold anyway as people generally paid on the gate at the Goldstein, particularly pre-80s, didn't they?

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
For everyone talking about attendance records being broken, the club no longer publishes match attendances; it is now tickets sold.
Which also makes comparisons with other clubs records in this thread meaningless too, unless they report tickets sold too.

Yes I don't know what all the fuss is about wanting to know about the attendances,as you will never no what the true attendance is anyway. When we had the crowd figures at the Goldstone you knew to the single digit how many had gone through the turnstiles. If the Amex could hold 40k I could maybe get a bit excited if our crowds started to push towards our 36k record, maybe in the future.who knows. One of the things I used to enjoy at the Goldstone was guessing the crowd and whoever was the nearest got the beers in.

blueandwhitestripe

Sep 5, 2012
[/QUOTE] Of course Wednesday have a good support and so they should being a good club, having normally played top flight or second tier football all through its history. Bottom line is tho' Wednesday would be getting smaller gates than the Albion but for the fact you get bigger away turn outs because its a journey for northern sides to get to us. I hope thats not provocative, its just the facts of it.

B Yes Wednesday are a good club but the billy big bollox stuff from some Wednesday fans just doesn't wash with us as we just ask, "so how many did you get through the gate when you had 3000 away fans", ah yes we would reply, "about the same as us when we have 250 away fans."[/QUOTE]

Don't usually bite but last year's attendance stats - visiting fans are here.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/21/b7/0,,10794~177953,00.pdf

Wednesday were in League One - there were nearly twice as many away fans at Brighton than Hillsborough. Rochdale/Bury/Scunthorpe etc may be close to Sheffield but they didn't bring many fans. I would guess only Sheff Utd and Huddersfield brought 3k.

And if people don't think 2k is many to take somewhere on a Friday night - then explain

Brighton at Hull 947
Brighton at Burnley 433

Having said that like a lot of Wednesday fans I admire what you've achieved recently and wish you well.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the things I used to enjoy at the Goldstone was guessing the crowd and whoever was the nearest got the beers in.

We did that as well. I regularly predicted the attendance at over 63 thousand.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
at least old old records would be mostly tickets sold anyway as people generally paid on the gate at the Goldstein, particularly pre-80s, didn't they?

I think it was measured by turnstile clicks, tho it's an interesting point because 'big' matches (ie likely to be 30k) were 'all-ticket'. I wonder if they counted tickets sold on those occasions?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes I don't know what all the fuss is about wanting to know about the attendances,as you will never no what the true attendance is anyway. When we had the crowd figures at the Goldstone you knew to the single digit how many had gone through the turnstiles.

There may have been occasions when a couple of turnstiles were not clicking the number going through. During the Archer and Bellotti era the official attendance could appear to be lower than what appeared to be the number of supporters in the ground but without actual proof has to remain as hearsay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
251 left , nearly a hundred sold in 24 hours.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The turnstyle arguement at the goldstone falls down in that someone was on the take and it was always questionable .

I hope we get the other half of S1F to sell too.

Will the Tarpaulin take off some of our S1F seats or Wednesday's S1E seats, or a bit of both> How wide will it be?

Wonder if the ticket exchange will get a run on this game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not many, maybe just Palace. Our geographical position is somewhat of a disadvantage when it comes to attracting away support.

Not necessarily the case. We're hardly Plymouth Argyle, stuck out on a limb.

I guess it's a fair old poke for many clubs, but there are thousands of London based fans of the likes of Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham and so on, so they'll fancy this.

Plus Brighton is the sort of place that, believe it or not, people do want to come to, make a weekend of it or at least spend the day down the seafront getting pissed.

Nobody looks at Ipswich or Derby or Leicester, for example and marks it out as a game to catch, whereas with Brighton (and, I suppose to an extent, Blackpool even though it's a hovel) it does hold an attraction for many people.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
40 odd sold in the last couple of hours. Only 71 left now.

85 left , a few more were added from the section that disappeared a couple of days ago and are now back , one solitary ticket still in WSL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here