Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff wed

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I always had respect for Sheffield Wednesday fans, because all the ones I met on the way home from Highbury in 1983 were pure class.
They shamed me because no way would I have been so magnanimous had we lost.
I've never forgotten that.

Sadly, in more recent times, the internet gets to show up the neanderthal side of their support.
Let's be fair does anyone think that northstandchat gives an accurate impression of the average Albion fan? no of course not.

But even allowing for the "hide behind the laptop" factor, The Owls you hear from these days do seem to be suffering from Leeds Syndrome. Perhaps its a Yorkshire thing?

Yes it is a bit like Leeds, a sense of entitlement seems to reign. A lot of homophobic abuse from my last trip up there, seems there's something in the water

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We haven't got a very good record against them. But we beat them when it really matters.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
If anybody beats the present three teams at the top of our league into the Premiership my money will be on Sheffield Wednesday

Fat chance of that. Weds have a fairly easy run-in, but the only team other than the top 3 with even a half-decent chance of the autos is Albion. Even Derby who look unlikely to break into the autos are more likely than Wednesday. Possibly Brum's miniscule chances of making the autos are a smidgen greater than Wednesday's too as though they have a tougher fixture list the fact they play 3 of the top 4 at their place is perhaps the only minute chance they have of making a decent amount of ground up.

There's no way in hell Wednesday will make up a 12 point deficit on Boro in second in 11 games with Boro having an extra game to play AND 3 of the other 4 teams above them hit the brick wall sufficiently disastrously to allow them to jump them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here