Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff wed at home

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes you may well be right. That certainly is why the Brum game has moved. Thought it was the same reason for Sheffield Wednesday but I cant find out why anywhere. No doubt someone will know.

Sheff Wed is start of university term weekend / freshers week.

Birmingham is a university open day.

Or it might be the other way round. Different parking requirements for each though.

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No its because the University have some sort of open day on the Saturday and need the car parking.

I thought that was the Birmingham game, hence the 5.30 kick off?

Both are moved because of the University. Ridiculous, to be honest, and a sign that club really didn't pay much attention to where to build the stadium. Some decent thought should have been put into other sites.

:jester:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
if they have sold 3000, then gate will be over 27k surly, 24000 min Brighton fans to make that work and I am sure there will be more than that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Isn't capacity only 27250 until South Upper hospitality, North corners and WSM ends are completed ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sheff Wed is start of university term weekend / freshers week.

Birmingham is a university open day.

Or it might be the other way round. Different parking requirements for each though.

Other way round I think - not that it matters

Can't recall if it was before the Cardiff game or Barnsley that the commentator welcomed everyone to "the new 28,500 capacity" Amex

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Told all that they would sell out, few on here thought they'd only bring 1000 odd, they've a very impressive away support. Unfortunately they do like to shout about it though. I'll be there, and the next day i'll be travelling back up to Sheffield to move back in, hopefully with the bragging rights.

I'd say over 26k.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would suggest that Sheff Wed are a true example of a sleeping giant.
I disagree,a true sleeping giant such as wednesday would surely get more than 25kish back in the championship?

I bet they had more away fans than we,ve had in two games,we are the true sleeping giant:thumbsup:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Will be a cracking atmosphere I know a few Wednesday fans & they are on a par with leeds away from home especially as they are on a good run of results at the moment this game could rival the brilliant 3-3 with Leeds last year, with 27,000 this time I can't wait could be an Amex classic

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Both Sheffield clubs have phenomenal away support. Support that we can only dream of.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here