Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Utd confirm they want to "SIGN" not loan O' Grady this month

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
O'Grady was unhappy here because he wasn't wanted by Sami, that's all. He's made it very clear that he's at his best when he's wanted, so if he's wanted here, there shouldn't be a problem.

If he does want to go, it should only be after we have a replacement.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
O'Grady was unhappy here because he wasn't wanted by Sami, that's all. He's made it very clear that he's at his best when he's wanted, so if he's wanted her, there shouldn't be a problem.

If he does want to go, it should only be after we have a replacement.

Exactly and for a real world fee rather than (probably) what Sheffield bloody United want to pay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"The intention all along (was to sign) and I don’t think it has changed. We are still hoping it is going to happen this month.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-blades-lodge-two-transfer-bids-1-7038589
From what I can make out of it O'Grady was going to return on loan to Sheffield United until the rest of the season and then a permanent deal signed over the summer. His family have already moved back to South Yorkshire and settled in again up there. He is now in a dilemma because he may have a future with us due to a change of manager who sees his potential. Sheffield United seem to think it all hinges on us signing another striker so that we'll let him go but one option is to cash in on CMS who is out of contract in June and keep O'Grady.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
After some clown gave him a 3YEAR DEAL, i thought we'd be lumbered with him and all the cost involved.

SELL SELL SELL!

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
With him stating he wants his family to settle, they have moved back down here this week which suggests he is hopeful to fight for his place for the rest of the season at least.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think recouping the 500k would be about right. I'm more concerned about the replacement. But as it's January I would imagine it'll all be rather last minute with a lot of brinkmanship going on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A lot of you seem to have forgotten that we don't have any other strikers who can score goals. Chris looks like he could score a few, so I'd do everything to hold on to him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely this is pretty straightforward. When we sign 2 more players who can score goals then we can consider losing him. Until then, not a chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A lot of you seem to have forgotten that we don't have any other strikers who can score goals. Chris looks like he could score a few, so I'd do everything to hold on to him.

Exactly, he is on a three year contract, he is going nowhere unless it suits us I would hope.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sell him.

Sounds like they are pretty keen, so we should get our money back.

I would sell CMS too, I think his contract is up, and he'll go for nothing in the summer otherwise.

Use the money (remember it's their wages, not just the fees that will be freed up) as a replacement.

Also get Kaz to sign a new contract too, otherwise he's another who will go for nothing in the summer.

Neither CMS or OG are world beaters but signing top strikers in January is always very challenging so I'd be very wary about letting them go before lining someone up. Either way I'd wouldn't let both go whomever we signed to cover for injuries

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With him stating he wants his family to settle, they have moved back down here this week which suggests he is hopeful to fight for his place for the rest of the season at least.
Where did you see that about his family?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely this is pretty straightforward. When we sign 2 more players who can score goals then we can consider losing him. Until then, not a chance.
.....or even just one.

What IS essential, though, is that we get that one in before we let COG go, not after. We haven't got a very good track record when it comes to re-investing transfer money in better players.......and we don't need any panic buying at the end of January either!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's important to remember in all this that Chris O'Grady is OUR player, not Sheffield United's. Nigel Clough can say and postulate as much as he likes, but ultimately it is up to Chris Hughton, and the Albion board whether or no they want to do business, and at what price.

Essential we bring in a quality replacement first though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here