Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

She fell over

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
last night i fell over a barrier outside the western front near churchill square, a few people smoking at the door laughed when it happened until i had to sit down on the chair because my ankle was buggered,one of the laughing gang turned out to be the assistant manager who was very sympathetic and helpful(although i wish he'd of picked the barrier up)i couldnt walk to upper north street where id arranged to meet the missus so he said get a taxi and we'll pay the bill.i gave my name and number and as yet have not been contacted and my ankle is still giving me grief- im not a fan of all the claim blame stuff but any suggestions on what to do next

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
by the way it was dark and i could not see the barrier and the assistant manager said he had told hiss boss about them falling over but was told to put them out regardless

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why don't you go back down to the bar and ask to speak to the manager? It could all be sorted out with a refund and an apology.

Seriously, why are you even mentioning small claims? It seems that you really want someone to tell you to go to one of those ambulance chaser solicitors with your rather loaded "I'm not a fan BUT....."

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
because my ankle is buggered and im yet to recieve as much as a sorry let alone my taxi fare - i understand your point of view but i can assure you thats not the case

If you think they 'might' make any gestures to make good, you could approach them and fully detail your complaint first, and see how they deal with it. At least remind them about the taxi bill, gently, and see how they react.

I am a fan of suing people who are responsible for personal damage, so I suggest if they show disregard for your side, you should approach a solicitor. Have them draft a letter describing your issue, and the 'accident waiting to happen' that did actually happen.
They haven't contacted you to apologize because either they didn't regard it seriously, or don't wish to actually admit that they were responsible.
So, you are inconvenienced by their negligence, and they are not, in the slightest.

I look at it this way - if you don't let them know, they will keep their sign out until someone else sues them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hang on NMH. Why go in all guns blazing when it MIGHT get sorted quite amicably face to face? You don't know that they've disregarded it. Letter got lost in post/message to boss got mislaid or misunderstood/ Head Office dealing with it. Could be a number of reasons why. I say you go and have a friendly chat with the manager, explain the predicament and ask for a refund and an apology.

I get a bit miffed with the "I got hurt, I must sue" attitude, no doubt encouraged by the ambulance chasers. Just adds more pounds to our insurance premiums.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
by the way it was dark and i could not see the barrier

Are you seriously saying it was so dark outside Churchill Square that you couldn't see a barrier, or is the truth more along the lines of you weren't looking where you were going but someone other than yourself must be to blame for this?

Hang on NMH. Why go in all guns blazing when it MIGHT get sorted quite amicably face to face? You don't know that they've disregarded it. Letter got lost in post/message to boss got mislaid or misunderstood/ Head Office dealing with it. Could be a number of reasons why. I say you go and have a friendly chat with the manager, explain the predicament and ask for a refund and an apology.

I get a bit miffed with the "I got hurt, I must sue" attitude, no doubt encouraged by the ambulance chasers. Just adds more pounds to our insurance premiums.

Hang on Buzzer - you apparently didn't read my post. The first sentence?

"If you think they 'might' make any gestures to make good, you could approach them and fully detail your complaint first, and see how they deal with it. At least remind them about the taxi bill, gently, and see how they react."

??? ??? ???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
the assistant manager said he had told hiss boss about them falling over but was told to put them out regardless

If this is true then f***-em. Thats pure negligence towards the public's health and safety. Make the claim.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hang on Buzzer - you apparently didn't read my post. The first sentence?

"If you think they 'might' make any gestures to make good, you could approach them and fully detail your complaint first, and see how they deal with it. At least remind them about the taxi bill, gently, and see how they react."

??? ??? ???

sorry, NMH. You're quite right. I was tired and missed the first para. Apologies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here