Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shows we are still looking at a wide man option.
Rednapp confirmed SWP had turned down all previous loan requests this season so see no reason why he would change his mind today.
Will Norwich decide to let Elliot Bennett go now they have bid £4m for Graham Dorrans?
I know he is not a wide man but that is some money to splash out and they may need/want a reduction in wages..

Looks more likely that if Dorrans were to go to Norwich, it would free up Bradley Johnson to go to Burnley.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Didn't Harry name his dog after him or something like that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[tweet]562242818165338112[/tweet]

He won't come. Why play football when you can sit on your arse and embarrass 'Arry!

On the QPR front it was interesting to see Fernandes saying that he was putting the chequebook away and it is now down to Redknapp to "coach them properly". FML, after a lifetime of just buying his way out of the shit it's a bit late to expect the bloke to actually manage!!!! :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With dorrans going to Norwich, surely a loan move for Grabban seems more likely if anything.....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In his day - and that may have been a while ago - absolutely the most exciting winger in the business. If it's even a remote possibility, would be pure box office.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Surely another loan is better than getting nobody else in especially if it is player with previous proven experience that we couldnt normally entertain.

Absolutely. On that basis we shouldnt even sign Messi or Ronaldo if it was a loan !! Remember 5 is the maximum for a matchday squad - we currently have 4 loanees.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One more half season loan won't hurt.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm getting to love all our loanees - not that we have had much of a choice this season. Happy days.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Surely another loan is better than getting nobody else in especially if it is player with previous proven experience that we couldnt normally entertain.
Sounds about right to me. I'm no huge fan of the loan system but that's not to say it isn't worth using, we've had some very handy signings using it over the last few years.

Admittedly we've had some utter dross as well, though that can be the other positive to the arrangement; we can send them back!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
we are not buying Grabban (WBA if anywhere)
we are not buying SWP (£100k a week and would prefer a PL club)
we are not buying waddington (looked likely at one point but the charirman is being a ****)

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i heard on talksport that if he does go on loan to any club, the wage is important because it will be if another club will pay all of it or some of it because i think he is on alot at QPR

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No it bloody isn't as trash like him will cost us a small fortune...Time the club stopped wasting money on these types of players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here