Shaun Williams?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 22389

Never even heard of this player. I think it's right we don't pay more than we have too. If players are only chasing the money, that is their problem.
We need the right players, not the wrong ones. These things happen for a reason. It doesn't mean we lack ambition just because players have chosen other clubs over us.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You've missed the point. Why would a player want to sign for a team that he knows will sell him if the club get promoted in 6 months time. He's not good enough for the premier league, so why would he want to sign?

We'll never get promoted with our wage structure and length of contracts we dish out. If we can't sign division one players then what hope of us getting promoted to the premiership? None!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
We'll never get promoted with our wage structure and length of contracts we dish out. If we can't sign division one players then what hope of us getting promoted to the premiership? None!

You've missed the point again. But I do agree with the length of contracts offered. Disappoints me.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

I am pretty confident you have no idea what our wage structure is. Burnely, Blackpool and Crystal Palace got promoted in recent times and I would imagine our wage structure is no worse than any of them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In sure we were capable of offering a contract that would have seen him come to us. I'm also sure that we wouldn't have made an offer that was equivalent to our highest earners - Ulloa, TK, Upson, Bridcutt etc. - for a league 1 player that most of us had never heard of.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You've missed the point again. But I do agree with the length of contracts offered. Disappoints me.

Our contracts are a disgrace. Lua Lua, Pig, Upson are out of contract in the summer and you think they'll stay if other clubs come sniffing. We offer players contracts that when they get into their last season they don't sign an extension. If Pig, Upson, Lua Lua don't sign and leave for nothing how much will it cost us to replace them?

We're starting to drift and it'll get worse and the season tickets will drop at this rate if we can't even sign division one players.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
In sure we were capable of offering a contract that would have seen him come to us. I'm also sure that we wouldn't have made an offer that was equivalent to our highest earners - Ulloa, TK, Upson, Bridcutt etc. - for a league 1 player that most of us had never heard of.

Spot.On.

D

Deleted member 22389

Whats the rush? At least we are no longer playing in an atheltics stadium.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Our contracts are a disgrace. Lua Lua, Pig, Upson are out of contract in the summer and you think they'll stay if other clubs come sniffing. We offer players contracts that when they get into their last season they don't sign an extension. If Pig, Upson, Lua Lua don't sign and leave for nothing how much will it cost us to replace them?

We're starting to drift and it'll get worse and the season tickets will drop at this rate if we can't even sign division one players.

Jesus cheer up you grumpy old sod. You have have NO IDEA whats going on behind the scenes. I am not going to say anything more than trust me this club is VERY VERY Well run and in the next few years will be in the prem. Trust me.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And yet we are 7th in the league. Cheer up!

I'm not down mate but get fed up keep seeing players sign for other clubs or staying put after speaking to us then turning us down and also seeing our players being linked with clubs and not knowing if they're staying or going which if they do go and we fail to bring in reinforcements then our season could be over because I know Oscar is doing a fabulous job but he needs replacements to keep the momentum going.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I'm not down mate but get fed up keep seeing players sign for other clubs or staying put after speaking to us then turning us down and also seeing our players being linked with clubs and not knowing if they're staying or going which if they do go and we fail to bring in reinforcements then our season could be over because I know Oscar is doing a fabulous job but he needs replacements to keep the momentum going.

Well can I suggest you follow tennis or golf or something. What you have just described is just football mate. Unless you support Barca or Bayern that is life. Our club has a LONG TERM plan. This season is not the be all and end all.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Well can I suggest you follow tennis or golf or something. What you have just described is just football mate. Unless you support Barca or Bayern that is life. Our club has a LONG TERM plan. This season is not the be all and end all.

I follow all sports. Lets hope all the newbies share your views because if they don't get the fix then they'll soon get bored and drift away meaning less season ticket holders meaning less for transfers.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Sorry my original post may have been misleading. I meant that I agreed with you in terms of what you said about the contracts offered.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
My views are based on facts mate. Cheer up.

I am happy and will be better if we get Arsenal away which could net us £1m towards our fighting funds. I know I may come across as pissed off but it get's bloody frustrating when all you hear and read is our players being linked with this and that club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports