Shaun Williams?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Meanwhile at Manure, Rooney is to be offered £300,000 a week.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Perhaps we need to calm down with the criticism of the club here...

"#millwall first to the negotiating table with Williams. Holloway + Harford sold club to him. Mind was basically made up before #bhafc talks."

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Is it anything to do with players realising they may not get the game time they want by joining us? Perhaps not the case with Grabban.

Would Wiliams be a starter? He is more than likely going to be 3rd choice behind Greer/Upson and also cover for fullback/defensive midfield.

Just my two penneth

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I trust Tony Bloom, but you have to ask how he expects Oscar to achieve promotion without supporting him by giving him a squad capable of challenging. We are punching above our weight with the squad we have got. The only time I will lose faith in TB is if he starts blaming the manager. Still 7 days to go though, but you have worry why no one seems to want to come here and we always seem to be beaten by rivals on transfers. I hope we don't sign someone at the last minute as it always smacks of desperation, I would rather we go with what we've got.

If he doesn't support Oscar by replacing the players sold then the Club need to start readjusting fan expectations otherwise they are effectively throwin OG under a bus.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If he doesn't support Oscar by replacing the players sold then the Club need to start readjusting fan expectations otherwise they are effectively throwin OG under a bus.

We do not sign players for the sake of it, only players that are better than we already have. The club will not panic buy. They are trying, if the players don't want to come to us, then what can they do?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

"#millwall first to the negotiating table with Williams. Holloway + Harford sold club to him. Mind was basically made up before #bhafc talks."

Not sure I agree. Surely it is in the agents interest to get the player to talk to both parties, to hike up the salary.

In the event he spoke to both it is clear Burke does not have the same charisma or persuasive charm as Poyet. I do feel Oscar appears quite 'hands off', probably due to his European background where coaches coach rather than negotiate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Not sure I agree. Surely it is in the agents interest to get the player to talk to both parties, to hike up the salary.

In the event he spoke to both it is clear Burke does not have the same charisma or persuasive charm as Poyet. I do feel Oscar appears quite 'hands off', probably due to his European background where coaches coach rather than negotiate.

Maybe - Paul Barber certainly mentioned a while ago the pulling power of Poyet. Although I am sure Oscar is involved too - I am sure I read that Kemy or someone spoke to him for ages before signing.

Oh well, Williams is rubbish anyway :whistle:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We do not sign players for the sake of it, only players that are better than we already have. The club will not panic buy. They are trying, if the players don't want to come to us, then what can they do?

Not good enough- we need to sell the club and the great prospects to players. Very bad news if this isn't coming over to transfer targets.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Just like CMS was made up for signing for Leicester.... Until he spoke to us.... Yeah.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Not good enough- we need to sell the club and the great prospects to players. Very bad news if this isn't coming over to transfer targets.

There are any number of reasons why he would choose Millwall - maybe Wurzel has offered him more chances to play, for example? More money? I really don't think selling the club and prospects is an issue. Location is also a factor.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Its not just about FFP, TB will not pay average players above average wages! Simple as that!

Bingo! The stupidity of some people on this board is mind blowing. Panic because Shaun Williams (who most have never heard of) is signing for Millwall. Good luck to him and good luck to Grabban. We don't need to rush into buying anyone, the prem will be there next year or the year after or whenever. We certainly don't need players who would even dream of signing for that clown Holloway let alone for wages that MIGHT be over inflated by some misguided idea that we pay big. I trust TB and OG and yes I trust Burke as well. Calm the flip down peeps!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Bingo! The stupidity of some people on this board is mind blowing. Panic because Shaun Williams (who most have never heard of) is signing for Millwall. Good luck to him and good luck to Grabban. We don't need to rush into buying anyone, the prem will be there next year or the year after or whenever. We certainly don't need players who would even dream of signing for that clown Holloway let alone for wages that MIGHT be over inflated by some misguided idea that we pay big. I trust TB and OG and yes I trust Burke as well. Calm the flip down peeps!

Well said.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just like CMS was made up for signing for Leicester.... Until he spoke to us.... Yeah.

We was offering good money back then and after the first season at the Amex then Bloom found to his horror how much we were losing so now the wage structure is that of division one clubs.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

You've missed the point. If we can't sign those kinda players then who can we sign?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
You've missed the point. If we can't sign those kinda players then who can we sign?

You've missed the point. Why would a player want to sign for a team that he knows will sell him if the club get promoted in 6 months time. He's not good enough for the premier league, so why would he want to sign?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports