Shaun Williams?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The problem I have with Robinson is that he whores himself out to every sports media outlet(Martin Allen is another one), knowing they'll mention him as England's next young managerial hope when a Championship or lower Premier League job becomes available. 'Plays football the way it should be played etc etc'. If Yeovil can get in the Championship...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
After the Grabban episode it would be nice to get this deal wrapped up as I can just imagine what it will be like on here if we lose out to Millwall.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So he's El Abd's replacement who can maybe replace Crofts as well ???

If so it sounds like a good buy for us.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Eddie Howe seems to come across as a decent bloke in interviews, but normally has his team play really niggly, cynical football (against us)
Billy Davies DOES come across as an absolute prick in life, and seems to always have his team play really niggly, cynical football

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It will be interesting to see where Williams chooses. According to the Argus, he knows Mick Harford (who's now coaching there) from his time at MK Dons and Millwall see him as a defensive midfielder whereas we see him as competition for central defence.

It may come down to where he wants to play long term and whether he wants first team football guaranteed or a chance of pushing for the Premier League. If he's as good as MK Dons fans are suggesting, he may well end up first choice central defender for us anyway, alongside Upson.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it will be interesting as to perceptions of footballers if he choses millwall over us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We may as well give up trying to sign anyone if Millwall are a better choice :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It will be interesting to see where Williams chooses. According to the Argus, he knows Mick Harford (who's now coaching there) from his time at MK Dons and Millwall see him as a defensive midfielder whereas we see him as competition for central defence.

It may come down to where he wants to play long term and whether he wants first team football guaranteed or a chance of pushing for the Premier League. If he's as good as MK Dons fans are suggesting, he may well end up first choice central defender for us anyway, alongside Upson.

He will choose the team giving the longer contract / higher salary.

Simple.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No. It was Robinson.

He comes across all sweetness and light, yes.

And then he sends out his team for 90 minutes of cynical tackling, gamesmanship, time wasting and all-round ****ishness. His blue-eyed-boy act is all part of the show.

I stand corrected (re Robinson) - maybe it was just after they outplayed us and beat us 1-0 at their gaffe. I was there, it was freezing, and he was wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports