Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun the Sheep the movie

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Eighty five wondrously bonkers minutes of anthromorphic ovine and canine (and several other "ines" as well) lunacy, sight gags, physical humour and myriad little details to amuse young and old alike. Forget slick CGI Disney and Dreamwork stuff with lots of hidden meanings, sentimentality and earworm power ballads, this has sheep dressing up as people, a dog being mistaken for a surgeon plus farting and belching gags.

Both I and youngest Potting enjoyed it at arguably Sussex's finest cinema - Uckfield Picture House - the owner of which I believe is an Albion fan.

Went to see it last night in Uckfield, the first time I have visited that cinema, well worth the visit and a much better experience than going to the multi screen at Brighton Marina.

I thought the film was brilliant and I'm sure the adults in the audience were laughing more than the children :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I sold them a glue gun for use in the making of the film. It broke after one use. Our suppler then took 6 weeks to send a replacement. They were very friendly and patient about it though. If the movie was in any way delayed, I'd like to think I contributed to it in some way

Couple of things.
Why did yoy not just replace from your stock or do your customers place orders that are subsequently delivered by your suppliers ie you hold no stock.
If the above is true why are you still dealing with that supplier, six weeks for a glue gun sounds a very long time to wait, and it reflects badly on your company not your supplier, if I had a prestigious client like Aardman I would have moved heaven and earth for them and told my supplier to feck off.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I sold them a glue gun for use in the making of the film. It broke after one use. Our suppler then took 6 weeks to send a replacement. They were very friendly and patient about it though. If the movie was in any way delayed, I'd like to think I contributed to it in some way

The nice people at Aardman were just being polite to you, they probably sent someone down Screwfix to buy a decent glue gun at half the price:D

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Couple of things.
Why did yoy not just replace from your stock or do your customers place orders that are subsequently delivered by your suppliers ie you hold no stock.
If the above is true why are you still dealing with that supplier, six weeks for a glue gun sounds a very long time to wait, and it reflects badly on your company not your supplier, if I had a prestigious client like Aardman I would have moved heaven and earth for them and told my supplier to feck off.

it came from a supplier so we did not hold the stock - They were a nightmare in terms of sorting the warranty, so in the end out of desperation I ordered them a replacement before the warranty was sorted. The supplier then took 2 weeks to lose the first one and 2 weeks to get another delivered.....

The same supplier also supplies us around 4000 other products so we couldnt just tell them to do one - and actually for the most part are good. it was just very unfortunate that it was with such a customer that they messed up the worst they ever had - you kind of couldn't help but laugh by the end, hence my first post.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A fabulously funny film.
To many highlights to choose from, although the entire French restaurant set piece was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

My only 'hmmm' comes from the mechanical pantomime horse.
I think that was rather stretching credibility, and I'm a Police Academy expert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here