Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Shannon's mum charged with kidnap
Press Assoc.
Press Assoc. - 39 minutes ago

The mother of schoolgirl Shannon Matthews, who went missing for 24 days earlier this year, has been charged with kidnap and false imprisonment, a court heard.
(Advertisement)

Karen Matthews, 32, had previously been accused of perverting the course of justice and child neglect.

The extra charges were revealed during a plea hearing at Leeds Crown Court.

Matthews appeared in court along with Michael Donovan, 40, who was already charged with nine-year-old Shannon's kidnap and false imprisonment. He will now also face a charge of perverting the course of justice, the court heard.

Both defendants pleaded not guilty to the kidnap, false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice charges.

No plea was entered for the child neglect charge.

Shannon disappeared on February 19 and was eventually discovered less than a mile from her home in Dewsbury Moor, West Yorkshire, 24 days after she went missing.

Donovan, of Lidgate Gardens, Dewsbury, was arrested on March 14 after the schoolgirl was found in nearby Batley Carr.

Formerly known as Paul Drake, he is the uncle of Shannon's stepfather, Craig Meehan.

Shannon, a Westmoor Junior School pupil, vanished after going on a swimming trip. Police mounted a massive investigation involving hundreds of officers and a team of 60 detectives to try to find her. She was eventually found in a drawer of a bed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They cost the public purse £2.7m for the search of Shannon Matthews. Add to that the cost of legal aid and the costs of the court case, we will be looking at £3m+ easily. Not forgetting, keeping her in prison if she is jailed and all those benefits she has/will receive for her gabble of children/housing etc.

Useless waste of space.

They cost the public purse £2.7m for the search of Shannon Matthews. Add to that the cost of legal aid and the costs of the court case, we will be looking at £3m+ easily. Not forgetting, keeping her in prison if she is jailed and all those benefits she has/will receive for her gabble of children/housing etc.

Useless waste of space.

Word.

Introduce culling, or the re-opening of Tasmania for a prison colony

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Compulsory contraception, Depro Provera, female long term contraception, give to em all till they have got a job or married.

NB, there is no alternative for men at the moment, but that would be a better option, when and if a male contraceptive becomes available.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What a sick sick pair, that poor child, having to live with the reality that her mother "kidnapped" her for ransom....Its a wonder the poor child isn't mentally disturbed by it all...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
true, she s a 30-something mother who's quite clearly not right in the head and that usually gives me the right horn but the thought of her naked except for nipple clamps, crotchless leather knickers and a giant strap on as she stands over me pissing into my mouth is a bit of a turn off.

Lock her up then. I have no use for her

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
why was there no plea entered for the child neglect charge ?

Is she not required to enter a plea for all charges ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
true, she s a 30-something mother who's quite clearly not right in the head and that usually gives me the right horn but the thought of her naked except for nipple clamps, crotchless leather knickers and a giant strap on as she stands over me pissing into my mouth is a bit of a turn off.

Thanks that was class, given me the giggles :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

You are deffo a wrong un...but I like you anyway you scamp!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports