Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane "THE ROCK" Duffy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was surprised - and more than a little hacked off - when we bought him. I mean, I knew we had to replace GG, get in a back-up for our excellent trio of Dunk, Goldson and Hunemeier, but £4M, a club record, for a CB when we all knew we needed a fourth striker............

Oh well - CH and the recruitment team got that one right. I didn't.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think putting the Blame at Duffy's door for Brums goal is a tad harsh. Sometimes you have to accept that good goals will be conceded without blame. It was a good goal for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He wasn't at fault there. The cross was perfect. He could only have interrupted it by blindly tracking back which would have then taken the attacker out and resulted in a penalty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was surprised - and more than a little hacked off - when we bought him. I mean, I knew we had to replace GG, get in a back-up for our excellent trio of Dunk, Goldson and Hunemeier, but £4M, a club record, for a CB when we all knew we needed a fourth striker............

This, only we didn't need a fourth striker, we needed a #1 striker as Murray and Baldock aren't strangers to the medical room. :facepalm:

Anyone else just really wanna go on a night out with him :drink::drink:
Dear god NNNNOOOOOOOO.

I'll take a glass of sherry and a Ferrero Rocher with the boss, if it's all the same to you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That was me as well. Aside from Duffy's dreadful form with his previous club at the end of his time there, I was struggling to believe that a stalwart of a toilet Blackburn side was going to be an upgrade on Goldson who had already proved to be a revelation, never mind at the price we paid. And then his first couple of games here were really poor and it wasn't looking good at all.

But like you, I was wrong. What we now have is an immovable object, the best defence in the league and the cornerstone of a potential title winning squad.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What a superb signing he is proving. I thought he was superb today and MOM was between him and Baldock.
He won every single ball in the air and is getting better and better every game. For the 1st time today, I thought he was better than Dunky.
That tackle, half way through the 2nd half was a "champaign moment". Absolutely crunching tackle that won the ball
A brilliant signing which has resulted in the best centre-back pairing in the country.

Well, he didn't win every single ball in the air. If he had, Stockdale wouldn't have had to make that save late on. But he is an awe-inspiring sight when he leaps above opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here