Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Goldson for me is better than Dunk and will go on to be a much better player

Dunk has been fantastic of late, but yes I think Goldson has the potential to be a solid Prem CB.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Going back to what Tubby said about Dunk leaving when Duffy joins, could this be why we're linked with Burke from WHU? He can play CB, RB and as shown in the Europa league LB? Possible I suppose!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Based on a couple of tweets, Duffy is at Lancing at the moment..obviously made it round the M25 successfully!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going back to what Tubby said about Dunk leaving when Duffy joins.....................................

..................or how about whoever wants Dunk pays Blackburn £4.5 million for Duffy, and we just keep Dunk? I really think that Dunk with Goldson could be a partnership that just goes on getting better.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
..................or how about whoever wants Dunk pays Blackburn £4.5 million for Duffy, and we just keep Dunk? I really think that Dunk with Goldson could be a partnership that just goes on getting better.

Or how about we have 4 quality CBs to cover injury, suspension and loss of form? That way we don't have to use our best right back there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or how about we have 4 quality CBs to cover injury, suspension and loss of form? That way we don't have to use our best right back there.

Yes, quite. But if you look back, I was commenting on the posts suggesting that Duffy coming in was to pave the way for Dunk to leave.

Four quality CBs is my ideal too - though tbh I think I'd rather have a quality season long loan, a la Upson, to cover until White/Hall/Dallison are ready to step up, rather than shelling out £4.5 million and a three year contract. Just my opinion - feel free to disagree!

Edit: post amended on reflection!

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes, quite. But if you look back, I was commenting on the posts suggesting that Duffy coming in was to pave the way for Dunk to leave.

Four quality CBs is my ideal too - though tbh I think I'd rather have a quality season long loan, a la Upson, to cover until White/Hall/Dallison are ready to step up, rather than shelling out £4.5 million and a three year contract. Just my opinion - feel free to disagree, but I don't need a lecture about it![/QUOTE]

Well that's one way of guaranteeing that you'll get a lecture about it!!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Four quality CBs is my ideal too - though tbh I think I'd rather have a quality season long loan, a la Upson, to cover until White/Hall/Dallison are ready to step up, rather than shelling out £4.5 million and a three year contract. Just my opinion - feel free to disagree, but I don't need a lecture about it!

I didn't think the first reply was a lecture. Odd reply. Ill leave you to it chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports