Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Didnt realise that I thought it was great grandmother or similar in or around the time Jack Charlton was hunting but the point is HE was born and bred in Forest Gate the son of an Irish mother and Ghanian father. I believe that to qualify for a country it should be the country YOU are born in, not that it would do England cricket team any good. So I apologise for my mistake.

Better ask Mo Farah for his gold medals back then!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didnt realise that I thought it was great grandmother or similar in or around the time Jack Charlton was hunting but the point is HE was born and bred in Forest Gate the son of an Irish mother and Ghanian father. I believe that to qualify for a country it should be the country YOU are born in, not that it would do England cricket team any good. So I apologise for my mistake.

This thread has become the perfect example of the advice ' If you are in a hole,stop digging'
:D:D:laugh::laugh:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This thread has become the perfect example of the advice ' If you are in a hole,stop digging'
:D:D:laugh::laugh:
More like blame the shovel and then keep using it. Notice I said shovel and not spade. It's political correctness gawn mad, I tell ya.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many think that this is always a good quality for a grandad to display and offer as an example to his grand/children.

My children and grand children dont read NSC as they dont agree with what most people say and tell me I shouldnt as they believe most posters have no idea especially about football but I just laugh it off. So I dont set them an example either good or bad by what is posted on here.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Let's not close that loop hole as post Brexit, it is looking rather useful.

There's a good chap.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I believe that to qualify for a country it should be the country YOU are born in, not that it would do England cricket team any good.

Really? I have a godson who was born in France while his father worked there. His parents are English, his grandparents are English, he went to school and university in England, but you wouldn't count him as English? Bizarre

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really? I have a godson who was born in France while his father worked there. His parents are English, his grandparents are English, he went to school and university in England, but you wouldn't count him as English? Bizarre

Did they not register him as English at birth? To all intents and purpose he was born as service mens children are born to an English lady working or living at the time abroad. That is different to having a Russian mother and being born and brought up in Birmingham with no intention of ever going back to Russia.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My children and grand children dont read NSC as they dont agree with what most people say and tell me I shouldnt as they believe most posters have no idea especially about football but I just laugh it off. So I dont set them an example either good or bad by what is posted on here.

Hang on a minute, they don't read Nsc, but they don't agree with what most people say, as they believe most posters have no idea especially about football.

How does that work? Osmosis?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Did they not register him as English at birth? To all intents and purpose he was born as service mens children are born to an English lady working or living at the time abroad. That is different to having a Russian mother and being born and brought up in Birmingham with no intention of ever going back to Russia.
What ARE you banging on about you looney?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not exactly they have read it in the past and will not anymore.

So they're basing their opinion on past posters, who may or may not post anymore.

Never mind, we have qualified coaches, referees, ex players and such like posting on here. Your family think they know better?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

ERRRR

Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Ffsake :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here