Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm seriously worried that if we are prepared to spend that much on a centre half we may be about to lose Lewis Dunk.

Just can't understand that investment in a player that is likely to be third choice at best.

:lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£4.5m for a player who could well be 4th choice! (No offence to Duffy but I rate Dunk highly, Goldson even more so and BFG ain't half good too). Shitbags!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£4.5m for a player who could well be 4th choice! (No offence to Duffy but I rate Dunk highly, Goldson even more so and BFG ain't half good too). Shitbags!

- it won't be £4.5m (thats with a whole host of add ons) if true
- Hughton has said over and over he wants four centre backs. Last year we had a scottish international centre back and goldson, dunk and Uwe. This year we ( might) have a ROI international CB and goldson, dunk and Uwe ...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
- Hughton has said over and over he wants four centre backs. Last year we had a scottish international centre back and goldson, dunk and Uwe. This year we ( might) have a ROI international CB and goldson, dunk and Uwe ...

You must of said that about a dozen times this summer. Some people will never get it.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I would expect Duffy to go straight in alongside Dunk,with Bruno reverting to RB.
This would allow Uwe and Conor time to rehab and not rush back.
Longer term if Dunk was to go we already have cover.
Championship is fill pn and we need cover for the suspensions we do pick up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And Dallison is back in January after hopefully an impressive loan.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 12m12 minutes ago
Blackburn accept bid for Shane Duffy from Brighton. Fee around £4.5m
19 retweets 12 likes
If Duffy signs, Dunk leaves for Hull WBA or Sunderland for a new club record.
Duffy and Goldson lined up as first choice CBs. Personally gutted. I think Dunk should stick it out for another year, but can see why he will go.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Duffy and Goldson lined up as first choice CBs. Personally gutted. I think Dunk should stick it out for another year, but can see why he will go.

Then we would need to sign another centre back. Bit late for that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My mate is a Blackburn STH and rates Duffy very highly. He would be gutted to see him leave.

He would be a fantastic signing. Forget the recent events about own goals etc. It's clear his head isn't in the right place. That would be our defence sorted for the season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

a) Why would Hughton sign a centre back who wouldn't be capable of being first or 2nd choice CB
b) If Dunk goes then we start again. A replacement for Dunk. He wants 4 first choice CBs. Thats over and above Ben Hall, Ben White or Dallison who will be on loan or will be relied on if we have injury or suspension crisis. (which given we're in 4 competitions we might)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
a) Why would Hughton sign a centre back who wouldn't be capable of being first or 2nd choice CB
b) If Dunk goes then we start again. A replacement for Dunk. He wants 4 first choice CBs. Thats over and above Ben Hall, Ben White or Dallison who will be on loan or will be relied on if we have injury or suspension crisis. (which given we're in 4 competitions we might)

It's like you are teaching pupils :lolol:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He's not going to spend £4.5 as a back up to Dunk and Godson, who have turned into a dream pairing. Unfortunately he hasn't spent £4.5 as a back up to Dunk and Godson. I am sure there will be another CB arriving, as well as a CM for the departing Stephens, and hopefully a new striker or two.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This would be an incredibly wasteful signing. £4.5million? For an ordinary centre back to sit on the bench? Wow. Personally, I don't think there's any need. We have enough, unless we're telling the young players that they will not get the chance to show their quality in our team. You only have to look at Glen Rea deciding to leave to get games, Dallison has gone out on loan to play and Walton has had to do the same. Why invest in the young players if 100% of that investment is for the benefit of the clubs who get the players next?

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
myM6wWi.png

Good signing imo. Like Norwood, features in the WhoScored TOTS from last season in an underperforming team, recent shithousery aside he seems like a solid addition. No one will talk about the big fee if we're in the PL next August.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It's like you are teaching pupils :lolol:

Do you two not think that breaking our transfer record to add competition to our defence would be a departure from our usual transfer spending?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here