[Drinking] Shane Duffy - Charged with DUI

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

This happened in our village a year or so ago, and it was a miracle that someone wasn’t killed. In this case, Danny Graham lives about a 5 minute walk from the pub. There’s a sense of entitlement/rules don’t apply that many current and ex-footballers seem to have, especially around alcohol.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I Never understand this drink driving bollox, especially after collecting nearly £15million from us, Fulham and Norwich ever since leaving Blackburn.
Why the feck why, if you know your going to get bladdered book a cab, or leave your car somewhere if it is an impromptu pissup and still get a cab.
even if you need a cab back the next day, worse case car gets stolen, that is what insurance is for.

Crazy, no excuse...

Book.
Throw.
Jail
Could employ a full-time driver for an annual salary of about a week's wages :shrug: :wanker:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Starts today for Norwich.

Hopefully he can leave his problematic car crash of a personal life off the pitch and have a stormer against Dirty.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely no way do I want him not to have the game of his life perhaps against Leeds. Sake, who wants entitled Leeds to win anything? Ever?!
Me too, he and others who get convicted should never be able to drive again, that would sort them out!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He played pretty well I thought. Drink driving clearly agrees with him. Hope he gets a lift to Leeds.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I once worked with a lad who was in his middle 30s and he split up from his wife when she left him for another man. He went to a village pub with another work colleague with no intention to drink anymore that two as he was working the next day. The colleague then offered him to sleep at his flat that was a walkable 2 miles away, so the lad got stuck into the booze, apparently by pint four he didn't seem to worry about work the next day, drowning his sorrows he had another three pints. When it came to close the lad said let's not walk back Its only two miles and gone midnight. He drove to his colleagues flat and then said I won't stay id rather get home so ended up driving another fifteen minutes home.
Clearly really wrong all round, but when the work colleague was asked why didn't you stop him from driving after seven pints? "I was knackered and didn't fancy the walk of two miles," then we asked the colleague, why did you let him drive another fifteen minutes, he said "I don't know I was too drunk to think about it."
The lad drivers defence was I was so drunk I really didn't know what I was doing. He did say he'd never do it again.
But having had a friend killed by a drunk driver, I did get stuck into him, if only the colleague had done that on that night.
I do believe not many just fail the test, they probably fail the test in a very big way because they get too drunk to know what they are doing.
I think a zero tolerance for alcohol should be in place so young lads can't get themselves into the "just one more pint then" routine.
Duffy may have a problem, you would like to think the club would know if he had. Hopefully he will be punished in full and given help if he needs it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I once worked with a lad who was in his middle 30s and he split up from his wife when she left him for another man. He went to a village pub with another work colleague with no intention to drink anymore that two as he was working the next day. The colleague then offered him to sleep at his flat that was a walkable 2 miles away, so the lad got stuck into the booze, apparently by pint four he didn't seem to worry about work the next day, drowning his sorrows he had another three pints. When it came to close the lad said let's not walk back Its only two miles and gone midnight. He drove to his colleagues flat and then said I won't stay id rather get home so ended up driving another fifteen minutes home.
Clearly really wrong all round, but when the work colleague was asked why didn't you stop him from driving after seven pints? "I was knackered and didn't fancy the walk of two miles," then we asked the colleague, why did you let him drive another fifteen minutes, he said "I don't know I was too drunk to think about it."
The lad drivers defence was I was so drunk I really didn't know what I was doing. He did say he'd never do it again.
But having had a friend killed by a drunk driver, I did get stuck into him, if only the colleague had done that on that night.
I do believe not many just fail the test, they probably fail the test in a very big way because they get too drunk to know what they are doing.
I think a zero tolerance for alcohol should be in place so young lads can't get themselves into the "just one more pint then" routine.
Duffy may have a problem, you would like to think the club would know if he had. Hopefully he will be punished in full and given help if he needs it.
I have been ver ver drunk on occasions. Ver.

Never tried to drive. Never started a fight. Never forced my self on someone.

Drink is used by weak and selfish people as a 'get our of jail free' card. A strategy that used to work quite well in the UK in the past. No longer, one would hope.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair the 'No Dickhead' policy is a confection of NSC

*awaits the signing of 38 year old Kyle Walker*
Pfft, we’re already scouting the 15 year old Peruvian Kyle Walker playing in the Ecuadorean 3rd division

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't understand ?
If Duffy scores an og in the final it’s means Leeds didn’t make the final …or as the poster put it Leeds don’t go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports