Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane Duffy and Lewis Dunk today.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not what you're talking about but recently (over the last season) I'd actually say Duffy is our best CB now

They are both superb but Dunk for me is the better all round player. Much more composed, mobile with some excellent distribution at times (he hit a crossfield ball away at Leicester on Tuesday that was world class). Duffy is a fighter, magnificent in the air and fully committed to protecting his goal. He is also a ****ing unit. Despite this, I think he needs a more mobile CB like Dunk alongside him to show him at his best.

All in all they compliment each other so well, am amazed a bigger club hasn't made a double bid for them as they are both pretty young for a CB

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
looked ok at final whistle, looked for each other and hugged

Hmm. You may have put your finger on why, until yesterday, we’ve been leaking goals since the new year - our CBs have no idea where the other one is while the game is ongoing, only looking for each other at full time.

Poor coaching if you ask me.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Not what you're talking about but recently (over the last season) I'd actually say Duffy is our best CB now

This is my view as well, especially for the last 3-4 months. I am not seeing any conflict situation between Dunk and Duffy, but what I have been seeing increasingly game by game is that Duffy is playing well and is taking more responsibility to bring the ball out, play the passes and make the better attempts to score in set-plays (ours not the opposition's), whereas Dunk is playing with some degrees of confidence lower than the performances that triggered his England call-up. Yesterday, there was a lot of Dunk passing the ball to Duffy for him to make the forward play rather than Dunk doing it himself as he would have earlier in the season.

It's nothing major to worry about, but in my view we do need a lot of players (not just Dunk) to recover their confidence.

Fortunately yesterday's win will give all the players sufficient confidence for a 0-7 away win next Saturday lunchtime. I'm quite looking forward to going now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In the second half Dunk and Duffy went up for a set piece and the ball was played short and never got crossed into the box. Duffy was clearly annoyed and trudged back to the half way line. Dunk just tried to calm down the chuntering Duffy who wasn't having anything of it. It's just one of those things that happens.
Must be frustrating when you win so many set piece headers and the ball doesn't come over.
It was all something of nothing and I'm sure the pair will be sharing a beer.

There was another time when Duffs broke forward on a bit of a run that came to nothing, when he got back to the half way line, Dunk gave him a 'low five' to say well done.

Nothing to see here, move on....

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
For me Duffy is the born leader of the two and seeing Dunk as captain maybe causes Duffy to question his holding of that position, only guessing though.

Not sure that Dunk is playing to his full potential since his England call-up, whereas for me Duffy certainly is and more, certainly was my Man of the match.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Did anyone else think there was a major bit of needle there today between our back two? They equipped themselves today, and the job got done, but personally I didn't think they'd be going to celebrate in Wetherspoon's in Eastbourne or something together. Was it just me. :shrug:

Nah. They are best mates them two

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
In the second half Dunk and Duffy went up for a set piece and the ball was played short and never got crossed into the box. Duffy was clearly annoyed and trudged back to the half way line. Dunk just tried to calm down the chuntering Duffy who wasn't having anything of it. It's just one of those things that happens.
Must be frustrating when you win so many set piece headers and the ball doesn't come over.
It was all something of nothing and I'm sure the pair will be sharing a beer.

I should think they could afford one each.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps Duffus is jealous of Dunks hairstyle!
It was actually the opposite. Apparently when they got to the changing rooms, Duffy said 'What the **** happened to your Barnet, it looks like you had a blind dog style it'. This got a few chuckles from the lads, then Dunk said 'My Misses did it', and the room fell silent. They didn't speak again until half way through the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here