Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shamefully, we showed a complete lack of class on Friday, and continue to do so....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No, I think Hyypia should go. In fact I think he should have been out the door before the Milwall game, that would have avoided the scenario in which people couldn't wait for us to concede so that they could unfurl their banners and shout their hashtags. I struggle to take any positive out of the change in atmosphere in the ground 15 minutes (or whenever the goal was scored) into the game. The game was visibly over, the players lost confidence and stopped showing for the ball, any mistake was lambasted and the treatment of Hyypia when he was trying to get the ball back into play was pathetic.

No one could improve in that type of atmosphere, let alone a struggling rookie manager and a team playing without confidence.

I do agree. But the fans have turned now and so the board need to know.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What an interesting thread. I find myself agreeing with successive posts in spite of their polar positions. Yes! I completely agree that fans that bellow obscenities for long periods of the game are at best tiresome. But I also agree that Sami has to go and TB needs to know how strongly the (majority of) fans feel about it. I'm finding the fence quite a cosy place right now.

I too have been on and off and on again and off and on and back off and now after a day of reflection I'm on. Splinters in my hands... actually what's with this fence?!? it's somewhat rickety, hasn't been painted for years, and what's more it's full of hand wringing 'thinkers' who can't decide upon which side the grass may be greener. Sigh. Oh to be decisive.

Captain K and the twirly bird mech. bots of yore.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.

A few bad results?

head-up-ass.jpg

we're rudderless, this squad is not bottom 3, but the manager hasn't got a tactical clue what he's doing, whether some show their frustration or others just passively sit on their hands, we will be in league 1 unless Bloom acts.

#BintheFin

Hyypia OUT

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.
How many more games should we lose before we show some displeasure, another five? ten? When is it acceptable for us simpletons and prepubescents to murmur our objections to the poor football we're witnessing.

By and large Hyypia has had a really easy time of it from the support, it's only the Millwall match that the crowd has turned on him. Apathy will be our downfall, and that seems to be what you are proposing. We're passionate about our team, we want what's best for the club, and unfortunately that isn't nice guy Sami.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sami is a decent guy, he's not doing very well at a job that is relatively new to him, but he's not deserving of humiliation, ridicule and nastiness...... it's absolutely time for a change but Friday night was a completely classless showing from our fans.

A lot of our fans either have very short memories or have spent the last 15 years watching MOTD and thinking that scribbling on bed sheets and shouting obscenities at someone after some bad results is what football fans do.....not our club!

We've fought far bigger battles and are a far better club all round than Friday showed.

Embarrassing.

What planet are you on? Managers get paid big bucks and one the reasons is they get a world of shit for a month if they mess up. They all know this. Sami got this at Leverkusen so he knows how this works.

I recall Mark McGhee got terrible, personally audible abuse after losing 5-1 at home to Stoke. He lost his job soon after AND YET he still has great love for this club and most of our fans have big respect for what he achieved while he was here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I recall Mark McGhee got terrible, personally audible abuse after losing 5-1 at home to Stoke. He lost his job soon after AND YET he still has great love for this club and most of our fans have big respect for what he achieved while he was here.

We lost that game 5-1 because we were already relegated and the club reneged on an agreement to release the retained list as had been promised.

The players reaction, whilst churlish, was understandable.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well said, some of the new fans would be better off staying at home, well they call themselves fans

I may be mistaken but aren't you the one that gave CMS non stop abuse on here despite the fact that the bloke busted a gut every time he pulled on the shirt? If so I like your new incarnation; it's an improvement.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

It's not a few bad results though is it. We have had bad results pretty much all year but I and many others felt that the performances were Ok, it was individual errors and poor luck. Everyone stuck with Hyypia. The trouble is now that we are witnessing appalling performances that are getting worse and worse. Friday was a massive step in the wrong direction following a similar occurrence at Derby.

Jan 30, 2008
Not a chance, I live for watching the Albion and have done for years, through thick and thin.

The difference is, the moment I walk into a football stadium I don't turn into a complete tool or automatically gain an inflated sense of entitlement.

If I'm not mistaken, you've posted about a confrontation with a 14 year old at the stadium this week..... if that doesn't hit home in a quiet moment as being a tad embarrassing I would suggest that football supporting is the wrong pass time for you.
Hey dude fancy smoking a pancake:smokin:
regards
DR

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

The reason people are chucking tampons around the Amex is because they have been watching the pile of shit football on offer this season. Hyppia does not give a shit, he is on a very good wage for what he tries to do...I pay good money to watch that shit on offer and will shout and abuse who I like

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We lost that game 5-1 because we were already relegated and the club reneged on an agreement to release the retained list as had been promised.

The players reaction, whilst churlish, was understandable.

My point was not why we lost but the fact McGhee got bad personal abuse but man and club both moved on from it.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Hyypia should have been gone before Millwall to prevent the start of open discontent at the Amex. Not doing so was lunacy in both footballing and PR terms. Hyypia got off lightly on Friday, it will get much worse. I remember the red card protest etc against Lloyd at the goldstone, and his ability is 100 fold in managerial terms to Hyypia!

Now we start a scenario of them against us, which is utterly crazy and totally unavoidable.

The longer it goes on, the forensic examinations of the club will grow.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

A few? Have you seen the full table?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My point was not why we lost but the fact McGhee got bad personal abuse but man and club both moved on from it.

Agreed, getting shouted at by angry fat blokes IS part of the game, Hyppia will have heard far worse as a player.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Shamefully, we showed a complete lack of class on Friday, and continue to do so....

Surely he is referring to the manager and the team? :xmas:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a ridiculous thread. Give me a fan genuinely angry at this slide and the people presiding over it, than someone who sits there like a robot after a trip to the superstore, any time.

I'm afraid the OP has put himself in the NSC basket marked 'superior, sanctimonious numpty telling other fans what to think'. He won't be alone in that basket.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Says the goon entitled 'hilariously' Fatboy Quim.

And your comments "a few bad results" and "he's not doing very well" are the understatements of the millennium.

The fans are entitled to vent their anger, and will continue to do so until Sami departs, whether you like it or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here