Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In this case the nearest close relative was the child's uncle... In London.

How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They have an enormous majority so can afford to piss off a few back-benchers.
They (probably rightly) believe that there support from the Brexit faithful will see them through a tough couple of weeks.

That’s hardly the point. Everybody knows they have a big majority and can do what they like. It’s the complete lack of morality, integrity and trustworthiness which is bothering people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do you know Uncle in a position to look after a child. I repeat if my wife and I had symptoms my first thought would be to get our child to familiar surroundings where it can be looked after 24hrs a day in case we get full blown virus.Sod rules in these circumstances I wouldnt care if this was one or two hundred miles. May not admit it but am sure most on here would do the same, As a matter of interest I voted labour

Bollocks. He's in the highest echelons of the machinations of government. As others have said, he could quite easily have had an all-expenses paid trip for his sister/nieces down to London to look after his kid locally. Its an absolute NONSENSE and frankly an insult to the intelligence to suggest that Cummings's ONLY option was to drive his covid-sick wife to the other end of the country (thus risking infecting himself and whoever else they may have encountered on that journey's stopovers, plus whoever else in Durham), in order to shack his diseased arse up with his elderly parents.

Whatever way you slice it, this self-inflated arrogant twunt took the singlemost anti-lockdown option because - well - he's Dominic Cummings, and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants. THATS the long and short of it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perhaps you would like to swap your place with one of the many asylum seekers crossing the Channel each day?

****ing hell. :wozza:

What on earth has that to do with anything? 35,000 dead and rising in the UK. People grieving. People unable to see their relatives, unable to attend funerals, unable to work. Businesses going down the tubes, old people left to die in care homes, NHS staff dying due to lack of PPE, bus drivers and cabbies exposed to the virus day after day.

And what does the unelected leader of the government do when he and his famiily have symptoms? Drive the length of the country, not once, but twice, infecting people as he went, bringing who knows what to his elderly parents, doing what he told us not to.

And what does Boris do? Shakes hand with CV19 patients on 3 March. Boasts about it on telly. Nearly dies, which would have left his wife to be pregnant on her own and the country run by another unelected PM. Then forgives and brushes under the carpet the above.

It's ok for them. It's not ok for you. Behave little citizen. Do as we say, not as we do. No, you can't go to Grandad's funeral. Pass the brandy.

A government of ****s and, if that's all you've got, a government held together by ****s.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ok, I'll ask this time.

How is he going to regret it exactly?

How about two things to start with:
1. He’s turning loads of people including members of his own parliamentary party and his voters against him.
2. It’s all sending out loads of messages that we don’t need to bother about lockdown any more.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Where do I start ?

Please don't take this personal. But I'd be interested seeing you, or anyone, start.

You see, it's my belief that this whole affair, just like all the countless one's before, will not make a jot of difference to the man. History appears to back me up on that I'm afraid.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So you would take a potentially infected child to stay with elderly relatives, knowing that statically they are at risk of death?

Just as an aside, who actually did look after their son when they were in Durham? Them, the sister or parents?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How about two things to start with:
1. He’s turning loads of people including members of his own parliamentary party and his voters against him.
2. It’s all sending out loads of messages that we don’t need to bother about lockdown any more.

1. So many people against him that he was elected leader of his party, AND of the country, despite having a track record that makes this latest escapade look like a mere oversight.

2. I think that horse bolted a while back unfortunately. Anyone 'staying alert' would have noticed that already.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
With attitude like this - good luck Labour in trying to break the former 4CB7D038-6C5C-48BB-84D8-DFD9BCF1A9B7.jpegnorthern red wall

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With attitude like this - good luck Labour in trying to break the former View attachment 124037northern red wall

Literally no answer to any replies on this thread. More whataboutism. I’m glad you don’t have any relatives in danger from Covid though. Must be a nice feeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So you would take a potentially infected child to stay with elderly relatives, knowing that statically they are at risk of death?

Just as an aside, who actually did look after their son when they were in Durham? Them, the sister or parents?

Seemingly it was them, as they have said that the only help they had was their sister dropped off shopping for them. So, the reason they give for going, was not something that actually happened. Maybe it was his Mum's birthday during the stay or something..?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Perhaps you would like to swap your place with one of the many asylum seekers crossing the Channel each day?
You are starting to make [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] look intelligent, that's quite an achievement.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Bollocks. He's in the highest echelons of the machinations of government. As others have said, he could quite easily have had an all-expenses paid trip for his sister/nieces down to London to look after his kid locally. Its an absolute NONSENSE and frankly an insult to the intelligence to suggest that Cummings's ONLY option was to drive his covid-sick wife to the other end of the country (thus risking infecting himself and whoever else they may have encountered on that journey's stopovers, plus whoever else in Durham), in order to shack his diseased arse up with his elderly parents.

Whatever way you slice it, this self-inflated arrogant twunt took the singlemost anti-lockdown option because - well - he's Dominic Cummings, and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants. THATS the long and short of it.

Do apologise, Just giving an opinion on what I would do but looks like I chose wrong thread to do this.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Was it also a coincidence that it happened to be his wife's birthday on 12th April?

This government is an absolute joke.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here