Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
B485060F-0821-4C76-B7EC-2E4453C9C7F9.jpeg

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Looks like you're gonna need some nice home made jam for those crumpets......

recipe-image-legacy-id--1067485_11.jpg

Ingredients:

1.8kg blackberries
1½ kg jam sugar (the one with added pectin)
juice and pips of 1 lemon
finger-tip size knob of butter

Method:

1.The night before you make your jam, layer the blackberries and sugar together in a very large bowl, then cover and set aside at room temperature. This helps the sugar to start dissolving so you don’t run the risk of over-cooking the fruit when you actually begin to make the jam. The next morning, give everything a quick stir, then set aside again until you are ready to start cooking.

2. Before you start, put a small saucer in the freezer. Take a preserving pan or a large, wide-based pan (the wider and more open the pan, the faster the jam will be ready, so a preserving pan is really ideal) and tip the berries in, scraping out all the juices and any undissolved sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, then collect all the pips and secure them inside a tea-leaf strainer or piece of muslin before adding them to the pan (cooking the pips along with the fruit extracts the pectin they contain, helping your jam to set).

3. Start the blackberries over a low heat until all the sugar is completely dissolved, then bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and spoon a little hot syrupy jam onto the chilled saucer. Once it's cool, push it with your finger. If it wrinkles a little, it’s ready and has reached setting point. If it's too runny to wrinkle, return the pan to the heat and boil in 2 or 3-minute stages, removing the pan from the heat each time you do the saucer check, until the jam wrinkles.

4. Skim off any excess scum, then stir in the knob of butter, if you want – this will help to dissolve any remaining scum. Leave the jam for 15 mins before ladling into sterilised jars – this allows the fruit to settle so it doesn’t sink to the bottom. The jam will keep in a cool, dark place for at least 6 months. Refrigerate jars once opened.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would say the NSC is a pretty broad church and the bulk of comments on this thread reflect the views of the country at large. To criticise Cummings behaviour is not “militant” or “leftie”, it is just frustrated people faced with hypocrisy.

I think you will find it is your views in the minority and the majority of the “sensible general public” do not agree with you.

You seem to be the right wing version of Jolly Red Giant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure he has been here before in some form or another, along with Hu-Camus. Strange how two prolific pro Tory controversialists have spawned almost at the same time. Bognor Seagull has had a very inactive life sine 20011 and now he has been spurred in to action, at least Huge-Camus was only created January... it's odd how people ebb and flow ? Tyrone Biggums for instance ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The problem when you post that kind of stuff it highlights you don't know Cummings background.

He claims to despise the 'political class' yet he was privately educated and went to Oxford Uni. He IS the political class he hates so much.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well obviously it's about who Dominic Cummings is. He is a c*nt who doesn't care about people. His actions speak to that. If he wasn't a c*nt he wouldnt have done that.

Shame really. Ideologically, I find myself quite drawn to Cummings, his views on governance are interesting. But why does he have to be such an ********?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bognor has played a blinder here. Subconsciously memes say more than replies - larger fonts, colours etc which is why Facebook has appealed to the masses and millions spent on memes.
Post something outrageous in a meme, and it gets quoted and repeated in each reply (each of which is good and valid) but get lost because the meme is screaming out from the thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Real spineless stuff by Gavin Williamson being interviewed today, refusing to criticise Cummings but in the most half-hearted manner imaginable. Half-man half-jellyfish or what?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Unsurprisingly on many levels this is big news, but my call is it’s over egged. I dislike this net curtain shit, we are adults, he won’t be the only one who has bent on the spirit of the rules.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bognor has played a blinder here. Subconsciously memes say more than replies - larger fonts, colours etc which is why Facebook has appealed to the masses and millions spent on memes.
Post something outrageous in a meme, and it gets quoted and repeated in each reply (each of which is good and valid) but get lost because the meme is screaming out from the thread.
It is possible (and extremely easy) to remove the meme from the quote when you reply.

Anyway, one slimy creep's big glossy defence of another slimy creep doesn't seem to be winning over any hearts and minds!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is possible (and extremely easy) to remove the meme from the quote when you reply.

Anyway, one slimy creep's big glossy defence of another slimy creep doesn't seem to be winning over any hearts and minds!

True. It would be even better if people ignore the troll altogether.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unsurprisingly on many levels this is big news, but my call is it’s over egged. I dislike this net curtain shit, we are adults, he won’t be the only one who has bent on the spirit of the rules.

No - but he helped write the rules and instructed the rest of us to follow them. Big difference.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I find it very amusing that constant negativity and whining to undermine our government by militant infiltrated NSC & the boring leftie BBC & yet to hear any of you saying anything positive and supportive of all the efforts that the government have made and continue to make to protect us. As a father, I would have had no qualms in resorting to the same action under similar circumstances and using common sense to protect my very young child by turning to my family for help. Stop trying to score pathetic political points during this national emergency when we should all be working together. The sensible general public understand his motives, so this does not undermine the governments guidance. Grow up and stop sniping all of you - soo boring.

I read posts like this and find myself asking questions.

Am I being whooshed?
Does the poster really believe what they are saying?
Are they just a troll, stirring the hornets nest?
Do they have a valid point?

Then I find the easiest thing to do is follow my fellow man of Kent HWT and put them on ignore. Unfortunately it does make the post a bit fragmented at times, but saves me the trouble of reading more drivel, from people trying to defend the indefensible, and that is the opinion of someone as a parent of an autistic child!!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I read posts like this and find myself asking questions.

Am I being whooshed?
Does the poster really believe what they are saying?
Are they just a troll, stirring the hornets nest?

Then I find the easiest thing to do is follow my fellow man of Kent HWT and put them on ignore. Unfortunately it does make the post a bit fragme Ted at times, but saves me the trouble of reading more drivel, of people trying to defend the indefensible, and that as a parent of an autistic child!!!

I had just written a long response, based on my experience with my autistic son. Decided against posting it.

You are right. Ignore is the way forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You’ve spectacularly missed the point.

It’s not about the original trip in and of itself.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1. He was elected leader of his party and then PM six months ago. We are talking - or at least most of us are - about the here and now. Do try and keep up!

2. If that horse had already bolted - which it hadn't completely - he has just given it a lift in a high speed horsebox to wherever it wants to go.

1. I'm well aware it was six months ago, but my point is it was very public knowledge what kind of character he was well before that even. I'm very doubtful this latest episode will change outcomes for him unfortunately. As I said before....people get the Government they deserve.

2. Agreed.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The performance of the Government under Boris is horrendous

Great expose by Sunday Times insight on the delayed lockdown that has cost thousands of lives

Complete lack of humility by PM admitting errors. If he did so we might give him slack.

Unrealistic targets that are missed

Now exposed a complete lack of integrity at the heart of the government

Boris is no Churchill. More like a WW1 General. Led by Donkeys

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The performance of the Government under Boris is horrendous

Great expose by Sunday Times insight on the delayed lockdown that has cost thousands of lives

Complete lack of humility by PM admitting errors. If he did so we might give him slack.

Unrealistic targets that are missed

Now exposed a complete lack of integrity at the heart of the government

Boris is no Churchill. More like a WW1 General. Led by Donkeys

Seems inevitable that BJ will be put out to grass soon, probably by the autumn. The jolly jape's up. Shit got real. He can quote health reasons, or say he wants to spend more time with one or other of his families. He can say whatever he likes because by then not even his biggest fanboys will believe a word he says.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I hated Thatcher, but she never made me ashamed. I feel ashamed by that press conference by Boris. And listening to Roger Gale a few minutes ago....everything that can be said about this will be said. Nobody is buying the lies. This country has never had such a low shit as a PM. He makes Lloyd George look like a man of integrity. He makes Neville Chaimberlain look like a man with a backbone in the face of tyrrany. Any old lie will do. Disgusting.

And hats off to Roger Gale.

Sadly, my post before the last election has been proved right. I said that Johnson and his cronies were the first set of politicians that I felt were not doing what they felt was the best for the country. Despite not sharing views with any of them, I always felt that Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron and May seemed, on the whole, to be doing what they thought was best for the country. Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Gove and Cummings only seemed to me to be driven by self interest. There are times you wish you weren't proved right - this is one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here