Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
thats absolutly genius petition, demostrating perfectly the lack of understanding on this issue: "The Crown and its estates should be made to fund its own renovations.". well it is, so you've refuted the purpose of your own petition.

This is quite funny....110,000 donuts so far.....[emoji23][emoji23]

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
thats absolutly genius petition, demostrating perfectly the lack of understanding on this issue: "The Crown and its estates should be made to fund its own renovations.". well it is, so you've refuted the purpose of your own petition.

Not my petition. Tell that to the author and the 110,000 other people that have signed it. Besides, the Queen herself is wealthy enough to cover her own costs, let her pay.

Just had a thought, my garden shed is in a poor state of repair. Maybe the taxpayer can pay for that too?? What d'ya reckon?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This is quite funny....110,000 donuts so far.....[emoji23][emoji23]

So people don't agree with your views so you call them doughnuts eh?

Hmmm...

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not my petition. Tell that to the author and the 110,000 other people that have signed it. Besides, the Queen herself is wealthy enough to cover her own costs, let her pay.

Just had a thought, my garden shed is in a poor state of repair. Maybe the taxpayer can pay for that too?? What d'ya reckon?

just a thought, understand the criticism. its not of you, its of who ever asks the Crown to pay for a property of the Crown be renovated, when that is exactly what is happening. this whole issue is being fundamentally misunderstood by those that want to engage in virtual signalling, about how terribly unjust the monarchy is or how better the money could be spent.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In post 181 you quite clearly call 110,00 people donuts - Which in my view was meant in a derogatory way. But hey, I respect your position none the less.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
just a thought, understand the criticism. its not of you, its of who ever asks the Crown to pay for a property of the Crown be renovated, when that is exactly what is happening. this whole issue is being fundamentally misunderstood by those that want to engage in virtual signalling, about how terribly unjust the monarchy is or how better the money could be spent.

Point noted. But at the end of the day, me being a Republican an all, we will never agree on this one!

At least you try and make your point with a little respect though! :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our Head of State.

b538b3ed68497205966b50b172c31acb.jpg

Incoming US Head of State.

17270633657e7d0ff0d842_49dc9443.jpg

Be careful what you wish for Republicans ..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I reckon you should have looked after your shed a bit better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That rather depends on your circumstances. Are you in receipt of any state benefits? State pension, tax credits, housing benefit, etc., etc., etc? In which case, we, the tax payers, are contributing to your income, and therefore indirectly to maintenance of your garden shed. Couldn't you be bothered to slap a bit of that stuff that does what it says on the tin on it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Surely it's part of the maintenance bill? Let the immigrant inbreds pay for it themselves.

I was at last knockings at a family party on Saturday up with some friends, they were two indian girls and a black lady, we were doing the usual put the world to rights. It was interesting to hear even though they are born here but their parents were immigrants they consider themselves 100% British. And then they talk about people like you who think they cant be British even if they have generations of family born here……..they feel sad you have so much hatred towards immigrants and still consider them" immigrant inbreds" and think you will still label their grandchildren as such as it is what you do now

when do you think you will stop hating immigrants?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's not really the same though is it? A president only uses the White House for 8 years. It isn't a birth right.

There is also a huge price difference. Trump doesn't want to live in the White House because his New York residence is thought to be so much more lavish.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yes on a very restricted basis which limits the potential income severely. Income generated from visits to Buckingham Palace would vastly increase if, as MP’s have repeatedly requested, it was opened as a year-round attraction. However, the royal family have consistently refused to do this. As previously stated: This is the 'public' building that the Royals has consistently denied public access to so it could generate the income to pay for its maintenance

This is the key point for me. It's open 78 days a year and generates half a million visitors, which compares with 2 million visitors to the Tower of London. It could clearly generate more income which could help pay for the refurbishment. I would wager most visitors are overseas tourists, so the money generated is effectively export income, an injection to the national economy.

It's not like the royals don't have other properties to live in. Windsor Castle is similarly owned by the nation via the Crown Estate. Sandringham and Balmoral are wholly owned by the royal family. At this time of housing shortages and exorbitant rents and house prices, plus the bedroom tax, surely the royals should be chipping in in the way suggested. Or is it one rule for them, another for the plebs? Surely not?

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite. Who actually sees the Queen when they go to see Buck palace.
But who would go to see Buck Palace if the Queen didn't live there? They go because it's her home, not because it's a Palace.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
But who would go to see Buck Palace if the Queen didn't live there? They go because it's her home, not because it's a Palace.

Not sure that is the case: apparently the Palace of Versailles is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world, and the single most lucrative tourist site in France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here