Shameful Dicks Bar Rip-Off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, maybe I was partially to blame for getting a round in and agreeing to my former H Block cohort 'Tom''s request for a pear cider. Oh, and could he please have the headphones prize, if offered.

Ok, I'll try anything once.

Turns out there's two pear ciders. The one to the left bar in Dicks costs four quid on draught and has some fancy prize promotion thing. Prbably includes a headphones prize.

The bar to the right of Dicks Bar sells Bulmers Pear Cider in a bottle. There's no prize. and it costs FIVE f***ing QUID A BOTTLE.

Guess which I bought?

Permission to use the 'C' word please mods :angry:

And yes, yes it IS a cool story bro'. Least it is for ME.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
OK, maybe I was partially to blame for getting a round in and agreeing to my former H Block cohort 'Tom''s request for a pear cider. Oh, and could he please have the headphones prize, if offered.

Turns out there's two pear ciders. The one to the left bar in Dicks costs four quid on draught and has some fancy prize promotion thing. Prbably includes a headphones prize.

The bar to the right of Dicks Bar sells Bulmers Pear Cider in a bottle. There's no prize. and it costs FIVE f***ing QUID A BOTTLE.

Guess which I bought?

TYPICAL Dick Tight potless PILLOCK rip off. I expect the PROCEEDS go to all THE other CASH he got out of the CLUB like the 1983 FA Cup final money and the TRANSFER money from SELLING Zamora to QPR

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
what pratt drinks Pear Cider lol:sick:

this.

and also

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

what pratt drinks Pear Cider lol:sick:
It's called PERRY.

TYPICAL Dick Tight potless PILLOCK rip off. I expect the PROCEEDS go to all THE other CASH he got out of the CLUB like the 1983 FA Cup final money and the TRANSFER money from SELLING Zamora to QPR
See comment above.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The bar on the right sells the 4 quid one too. I know because i asked for it and they served me it.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Guess which I bought?

And yes, yes it IS a cool story bro'. Least it is for ME.

Prices in dicks bar seem excessive to me. I still go and there and buy the stuff all the same. Just seem to keep ending up there somehow and once there seems rude not to buy a drink.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dicks is generally cheaper than my local, especially with the 10% cash back.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dicks is generally cheaper than my local, especially with the 10% cash back.

And offers-if you can negociate the stairs after 10 pints the shortest walk to the station in the stadium

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I love a bit of the old pear cider so when i saw the guy on the door looking like a squashed Terminator with cider dispenser in hand i was well happy. Also got round to looking at Attila's poem on the wall, well worth a read if you haven't yet.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I paid £4.85 for a Bulmers in a pub down the laines a couple of weeks ago, in my local Wetherspoons they are over £4.00 so a fiver in a football stadium is far from unreasonable IMO. Basically these horrible overly sweet ‘ciders’ are overpriced wherever you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports