Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shambles

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Club still banning the use of dangerous pyros and flares in an attempt to protect fans and players. Outrageous in this land of the free, yet they allow H&S risk assessed and approved pyro displays prior to ko.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Why cant we get decaff tea bags in its not like they go off cause lot inconvienience etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given that a regular Twix has two bits, but a single Twix when sold in multi packs or miniaturised in Celebrations is also called a Twix, there may be an argument that 'Twix', like 'aircraft' or 'sheep' may remain unchanged in it's plural form.
I always enjoy being out-pedanted, so take a :bowdown:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Given that a regular Twix has two bits, but a single Twix when sold in multi packs or miniaturised in Celebrations is also called a Twix, there may be an argument that 'Twix', like 'aircraft' or 'sheep' may remain unchanged in it's plural form.
Yeah I reckon Twix was already in its plural when it was released with 2 bars. A single bar ought to have been called a twi or a wix. 2 x standard Twix ie four bars in 2 packets should just be called 2 Twix as plural, not 2 twixes. Or maybe a quax

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah I reckon Twix was already in its plural when it was released with 2 bars. A single bar ought to have been called a twi or a wix. 2 x standard Twix ie four bars in 2 packets should just be called 2 Twix as plural, not 2 twixes. Or maybe a quax
Twix means ‘between’, there is no plural :laugh:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, we beat Marseille last night in the Europa League, yes there were limbs when Joao Pedro scored, yes it was the 100th goal of the calendar year scored by the Albion, yes we topped the group, yes Palace fans were sitting at home drinking two litre bottles of White Lightning whilst watching repeats of Would I Lie to You on Dave... BUT both the North and East stands had run out of Twixes by the end of the game AND there were not enough caps for cups of tea too so they could not serve them either.

#BarberOut
#BloomOut
#DeZerbiOut
#SackTheBoard

Neil Warnock and Joey Barton are both available too #JustSaying #DreamTeam
We bought twixes along with delectable Lamb Kofta pies. I’ve missed the Amex. The footie was alright as well. Sorry for our contribution to the Europa Twix debacle though.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, we beat Marseille last night in the Europa League, yes there were limbs when Joao Pedro scored, yes it was the 100th goal of the calendar year scored by the Albion, yes we topped the group, yes Palace fans were sitting at home drinking two litre bottles of White Lightning whilst watching repeats of Would I Lie to You on Dave... BUT both the North and East stands had run out of Twixes by the end of the game AND there were not enough caps for cups of tea too so they could not serve them either.

#BarberOut
#BloomOut
#DeZerbiOut
#SackTheBoard

You should worry. Same in WSL and me and the boy had to suffer vegan KitKats. KatKraps more like. Utterly revolting. No relation to anything edible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

#BarberOut
#BloomOut
#DeZerbiOut
#SackTheBoard

Take consolation, not being able to buy yourself a bar of Twix has probably saved you £50

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bottle tops were left ON in WSL. Absolute disgrace, club is going down the shitter.
I think that was a trade off for the flairs in the away end.

Or maybe UEFA like bottle tops.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was really bored the other night so I swapped all the Xmas sweets into different wrappers.

My wife wasn't amused and got her snickers in a twix! :)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Fair comment, as further research shows that 'Twix' is actually a portmanteau of 'twin sticks'. This means that it's already plural, but that a single bar would be a stick. Therefore 'Twix' is the plural, but half of one should really be called a 'Twick'.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Fair comment, as further research shows that 'Twix' is actually a portmanteau of 'twin sticks'. This means that it's already plural, but that a single bar would be a stick. Therefore 'Twix' is the plural, but half of one should really be called a 'Twick'.
The sarcy emoji was aimed at the bit I'd bolded in your quoted post, not your comment about the plural of Twix, which was actually quite convincing 🙂. As a rule I almost never comment on people's grammar, especially in an age of unintended, quirky keyboard behaviour. But if someone makes a point of pulling up someone else, I do delight in pointing out their own errors. Sorry. I worked as an editor and proofreader for years and old habits die hard. But in fact, thinking about it, your point about Twix plurals wasn't really critical of the previous poster. So I think I owe you an apology. Forgive me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here