Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shakedown festival

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else go to this?? I Have been to a few this summer and Saturdays Shakedown festival for me was the best day I Have had. I thought organisation with the bus journeys and taxi meeting points was great. Loved the layout of the festival so that you can see the main stage from anywhere... bars easy to use... atmos was great and Dizzee Rascal SMASHED it to close the show....

on top of that having a great festival in Brighton in the shadow of the lovely AMEX just made it even better !!

Roll on next year !!!! :rave:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Yep and I thought the complete opposite. I think it was the worst festival I have ever been to!

I only was interested in the acts in the Supercharged tent and the"queuing system" for that was an absolute shambles to begin with. I went out for the toilet and it took me 40 minutes to get back in again and I was nearly crushed in the process. I don't know why they only had one bit of the tent open, why not just open the whole thing up, like they do at most festivals? Especially as it was only half full! It was much better one they established a single file queue but that wasn't until quite late in the evening.

Unless there are acts who I simply cannot resist, I won't be going back next year.

Last edited:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Didn't attend on Saturday as it's not my sort of music but it's nice to hear that Brighton has finally had a successful festival this year with what has happened in the past! Hopefully it will be the first of many.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Yep and I thought the complete opposite. I think it was the worst festival I have ever been to!

I only was interested in the acts in the Supercharged tent and the"queuing system" for that was an absolute shambles to begin with. I went out for the toilet and it took me 40 minuted to get back in again and I was nearly crushed in the process. I don't know why they only had one bit of the tent open, why not just open the whole thing up, like they do at most festivals? Especially as it was only half full! It was much better one they established a single file queue but that wasn't until quite late in the evening.

Unless there are acts who I simply cannot resist, I won't be going back next year.

Have to agree with this the layout was just a mess, but the acts were very good mind you.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I popped into that mini Sainsbury's near the Crown and Anchor and Brewery Tap (ah the memories) on Saturday evening, to get some bits for dinner (a delicious mango chicken dish), and was accosted by some filthy dirty young German who had been at Shakedown. He was caked from head to toe in mud, clutching a soiled rag of paper with a phone number on. He begged to use my phone as he'd apparently managed to lose all his friends at the festival. Quite how he'd gotten all the way from Stanmer Park to this mini Sainsbury's wasn't obvious. After failing to get through to said friend he asked for directions to Tongdean Lane, which I duly gave him, about 4 times. By this point I was getting frustrated with him and then he asked if I'd give him a lift there in my car. I looked his muck-strewn body up and down, and then into his vacant drug-addled eyes, and laughed.

Please note this story has little to do with the actual festival but I felt like telling it anyway

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I only was interested in the acts in the Supercharged tent and the"queuing system" for that was an absolute shambles to begin with. I went out for the toilet and it took me 40 minutes to get back in again and I was nearly crushed in the process. I don't know why they only had one bit of the tent open, why not just open the whole thing up, like they do at most festivals? Especially as it was only half full! It was much better one they established a single file queue but that wasn't until quite late in the evening.

Word. Having to queue has let me down, it was stupid as at one point people got frustated and started to bundle in, could of been very dangerous.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Queuing systems at festivals (shakedown is not one, it's a party in a park) are starting to piss me off. If you have an arena open the crowd will control itself. At bestival last year there were so many times were i went to get in to the big top, saw a huge queue and left it only to be told it was half empty inside by mates who had waited half an hour to get in.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Perhaps I missed that I tended to go into the tent earlier on in the afternoon and got in striaght away and saw some great music..... I did overlook that but it wouldn't have hurted to have the sides open for the dance tent so that people could get in and out as the please.... I guess some silly health and safetly rules.... at very least a small bar and some loo's in the outside area next to the tent would have made it worth queing to get in so that you could then stay as long as you want. Point taken.... lets hope they sort it next year because that tent was HUGE and LOUD !!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I also didn't like the fact you could pay £30 to upgrade to a VIP pass and then you got to queue jump straight into the tent. The tickets were pretty pricey to begin with, they shouldn't then be charging people extra to get into the tents quicker!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Queuing systems at festivals (shakedown is not one, it's a party in a park) are starting to piss me off. If you have an arena open the crowd will control itself. At bestival last year there were so many times were i went to get in to the big top, saw a huge queue and left it only to be told it was half empty inside by mates who had waited half an hour to get in.

Exactly, there wasn't even a bar or toilets inside, so usually where you have people coming and going, people were staying inside so they didn't have to go out and come back in.

I guess if it rained it could of caused a bit of a crush.

It was better than last year, but not a festival just a big party with more security outside the park than in.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Went last year and the whole thing was a bit of a shambles to be honest. Didn't bother this year and judging by people's responses on here and at work I made the right call.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
anyone know who got stabbed?

Press doesnt say:

"Man stabbed in back at Brighton's Shakedown Festival A 21-year-old man was stabbed in the back at the Shakedown Festival in Brighton.

The attack took place on Saturday at about 21:30 BST near the medical tent in the main arena.

The victim was taken to hospital. Police described his condition as serious.

Artists including Dizzee Rascal and Professor Green appeared at the festival, which was held in Stanmer Park."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here