Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shackell: Let's End On A High [Burnley Official Website]

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am actually fairly confident that Burnley will play to win and put the effort in, I'm not so confident that we'll overcome Forest however, not because of lack of effort, just that each time we've had the chance to seize the initiative we've bottled under pressure. I sincerely hope we can overcome this tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Even if we were playing a mid-table team I'm certain Dyche would be demanding one last big effort to secure an unbelievable 95 points and finish at least 8 points clear of Derby.
(If Derby end up only 5 points behind us they will continue to whinge about Martin's red card robbing them at the Turf)
This comment gives me a bit of hope - we all remember the Chesterfield home game where a win meant we'd have won the title even if the cheats hadn't been deducted points. It sounds a bit like that. :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The manager and players want to get to 95 points, which will be a record points haul for a team finishing in second place.

I wouldn't worry yourselves about Burnley, you just concentrate on the Forest game.

This. Burnley have proved this season that they are not the 'type' of team to bottle ( no pun intended) a game like this. We should be more concerned with the focus of our own team. Burnley will not let down the fans who go to watch them Vs Reading in anticipation of a wonderful hard earned end of season celebration. Barnes will score, he just will.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"It's not just the manager who wants to be relentless. I spoke to some of the players on Tuesday at the player of the year awards night and each and everyone of them was exactly the same. They will give us a performance tomorrow. "

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Confirmed that Danny Guthrie is out for Reading. They are a different team when he plays, he runs the show.

More and more I believe we are going to do this.

PG

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Let's end on a high and go to Amsterdam, more like.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am sure they will go out to win, but they wont be totally committed, 50-50's, running that bit harder to reach to ball. they wont want to risk injury just before they go on holiday.

Another fact people seem to have missed is Burnley beat play off chasing Ipswich when they 'couldn't care less'.

Last home game in front of the home fans tends to be a bit different I reckon. But Burnley are a team of scrappers, no doubt. We have a chance but we're relying more on Reading's fitful form!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last home game in front of the home fans tends to be a bit different I reckon. But Burnley are a team of scrappers, no doubt. We have a chance but we're relying more on Reading's fitful form!

i wonder who else we would rather they were playing?....i don't think there are many other teams....for me its there Manager that gives me some confidence...still its all irrelevant unless we do the business

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The positive is a very good Burnley team will be able to play freely with no pressure on them. I can see them enjoying themselves. Much rather Burnley than Barnsley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As posted on another thread Oscar said on BBC South East the pressure is on Reading as a play off place is theirs to lose. We have no pressure at all as we can only do our best and hope that it is enough.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's in the stars my friends. It's going to be fine. Just you wait and see.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
For a team that couldn't care less they did ok. Probably would have won the game if it wasn't for a wonderstrike :smile:

Sorry, on what basis is the fact that they care what the score was?

Already promoted, I wouldn't care. Bit like us when we won league 1.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sorry, on what basis is the fact that they care what the score was?

Already promoted, I wouldn't care. Bit like us when we won league 1.

Well because if they 'couldn't care less' I'd imagine a fired up Reading side would have beaten them fairly comfortably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here