Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because society tells them that they need to wear it to look good.

Did you know that women have been wearing make-up since ancient Egyptian times - the dawn of civilisation? Society has changed a lot since then; a women's urge to attract a man hasn't.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Did you know that women have been wearing make-up since ancient Egyptian times - the dawn of civilisation? Society has changed a lot since then; a women's urge to attract a man hasn't.
I agree, its evolution, women need to attract men in order to reproduce.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

I know this, o/h rightly said that women also do it to cover up temporary blemishes and the like! The assertion that some missing eyebrow hair, a spot etc is not attractive. With hindsight, I neglected to add that to my argument ;)

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
May I say, but not meaning to be sexist, how stunning everyone on NSC are looking tonight xxxxxxxxxxxxx

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I could have sworn it works both ways ???

Egyptian men wore makeup ??? Romans ??? Georgians ??? Makeup has also been used for war and rituals.

Shaving or growing a big fluffy beard could be considered trying to attract the opposite sex. Having a nice car, designer clothes and a big fat wallet can be seen this way too, even just having a bath to be honest :lolol: What about all that subtle man makeup used on newsreaders and anyone else in the public eye, why do those men use it?

I wouldn't want to misconstrue why you brush your hair and clean your teeth in the morning, it may be to make yourself feel presentable :) or you could secretly be on the pull.

Anyway, I don't know what makeup and how to attract a mate has to do to this thread. Probably deserves one of its own, we can talk about what Tattoos and piercings are all about as well.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
What's the difference between iron man and iron woman? One is a sporting competition whilst the other is an order

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It's a load of bollocks, isn't it? I'm sure it wouldn't have been so unacceptable if the bloke had looked like George Clooney.

Who doesn't like getting compliments on your appearance off of work colleagues of the opposite sex - seriously?
Spot on! She was trying to make a name for herself amongst the ladies,it may well result in her spoiling her promotion chances as other firms could possibly not want to do business feeling one comment from them would result in another outburst from her.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Spot on! She was trying to make a name for herself amongst the ladies,it may well result in her spoiling her promotion chances as other firms could possibly not want to do business feeling one comment from them would result in another outburst from her.

If you look at hear profile on her linkedin page I can't see it effected her promotion chances to be honest, it is amongst people that thrive on this sort of stuff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Places where better looking people are looked upon more favourably include:

The Hilton Group
Virgin Trains
The Walt Disney Company

It's not criteria that is directly stated in application forms for employment but if you stay at a Hilton, Travel with Virgin or go to Disneyland, they certainly don't employ people whom society would deem as not aesthetically pleasing.

Virgin airlines cabin crew ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How does a barrister get promoted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here